• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-35"s at Two UK Airshows

RichB

Two USAF F-35A's, two USMC F-35B's and possibly the RAF/RN Lightning II will be making apprearances at RIAT, RAF Fairford (08-10 Jul) and Farnborough (16-17 Jul). Static and flying displays are planned for both shows.

17(R) Sqn, joint RAF/RN test and evaluation squadron flying out of Edwards AFB, Lightning II
F-35B%202.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

I saw the X-32B many years ago on a trip to Pax River. It was in an old hangar waiting to be cleaned up and put on display at the museum. And they call the F-35 ugly.

1920px-Boeing_X-32B_Patuxent.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

A couple of years ago I was walking back from lunch and saw a couple of F35s off in the distance flying toward me. They flew right over me at about 500ft heading to Millington and the base there. Still dident compare to seeing a flight of 6 A-10s going through the pattern over where I used to work back in Tulsa, or the 2 A-10s in green camo years before doing attack run practice on me while driving on the Cimmaron turnpike NW of Stillwater in Oklahoma. I played with them for a couple of miles and PO'ed the ex War Dept big time. Was well worth it. :D

Its really great news, the Marines I know were VERY disappointed they couldn't make it a couple years back, the good news is there will be more F-35s, different variants and different countries. Arriving in style!

My most memorable flyby was an F-14 on low level flirting the sound barrier. Watching the vapor cone form & dispel was a trip.

.....followed by a compressor failure & fireball as they were pulling up. Both pilot & RIO ejected safely and were plucked from the drink. The bird, obviously, was a total loss.

https://youtu.be/b9Zjy088c_c

Back