• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eggknobs and Inksticks

Rhino

Super Moderator
I spend a lot of time and effort to show progress on my dinky projects on M/A. If you wish to see what my Sweetie Teresa makes with all her cool power tools and her OCD have a peek! I don't want you to think this is "modeling" per say. She does start with a "Kit" that becomes a finished product.
IMG_E7587.JPGIMG_E7588.JPGIMG_E7594.JPG
The Nautical Pen. The barrel rotates to extend the ball point cartridge. Ambidextrous, great for Righties and Lefties! Sailing ship in relief on the lower pen barrel, a Second Rate or a Brig of War perhaps. This one is MINE!! It was a birthday gift last year. If any of you swabs wants one, this'un here kin be made to order, Aye Matey!

IMG_E7592.JPGIMG_E7593.JPG
This one is a pretty thing! The Hourglass pen. Yes my friends, that is a dinky functioning hourglass in the handle!
Are you taking notes while timing your hard-boiled eggs? Are you wondering how much longer the little woman will take to get ready for Date Night? "Run time" on the little hourglass is just under a minute, so this pen won't help you at all!! It's still cool!
Twisting the pen top extends the ball point cartridge

Last edited:
IMG_E7590.JPG
This one is a lot of fun! The Pineapple Grenade pen. Great for all service members and veterans from all branches, even if you can't figure out how to make it go BOOM! Press the top button to extend the ball point pen cartridge. Squeeze the pocket clip to retract. The pin cannot be pulled. This is a safety measure to keep you from blowing the dog-snot out of the pocket of your favorite shirt.

IMG_E7595.JPGIMG_E7596.JPGIMG_E7597.JPG
The Bolt-action Rifle pen. No Kiddin'! Work the pen's bolt to extend and retract the ball point cartridge! The pen kit resembles the .308 Winchester round. Or 7.62 NATO for those of you that know the difference. This is Teresa's best seller. She machines the wood or acrylic inserts on her lathe (Yep! She's really cool for a Girl!) in lots of different colors and grains.

IMG_E7591.JPG
The Pool Cue pen. Doubles as a stylus! this unscrews to reveal the inkstick part of the pen. Works for CQB defense from assailants too! This writing instrument will not bloody likely improve your billiards skills. This is new this year and is proving very popular with our co-workers and friends.

Teresa also makes yo-yos, ladies compact with a mirror, Kaleidoscopes, back scratchers and spin tops. Salt & Pepper mills are in the works. Prices range from $40.00 to $60.00 including shipping in the United States.
Discounts for Servicemen and Veterans are available.
NOW! Disclaimer time! None of these pens will improve your handwriting or spelling skills. They won't make you smarter or prettier. They are made to order by Americans.
I hate to admit that between TLAR Models and Eggknobs & Inksticks since December 2019, my Sweeties sales have FAR exceeded my own. Both of us have essential full-time jobs as well. The Little Woman kicked my butt!
Thanks for looking in!

These are really Kool!! The Pineapple Grenade pen is my fav....Boom Baby
:ro:

Looks like she has some talent there Chris. Those are some nice looking pens.

My dad used to make pen/pencil/fountain pen sets for people as well as many other things after he retired. He loved working with wood.

Thanks Men! In couple of hours she might turn out 3 or 4 new items. We have a good time with our hobbies!

I thought it seemed fitting to put Teresa's builds in her Eggknobs thread.
20210626_080817.jpg
I found a Globe she didn't have one of yet, for her habby burseday! It's akin to buying me a model ship I do not yet own.
See below 2 of the beautiful hourglass pens she makes. The blue one is a gift and the Pink one is sold unit.
20210626_080817.jpg

The globe mounts on a base with gears and a crank. The wooden mechanisms rotate the Globe anti-clockwise, while the feature inside the northern hemisphere with fancy designs rotates clockwise simultaneously. She enjoys these crazy things. Busy hands are happy hands!

Back