• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard 1/32 P-51B New Tool

RichB

At this past weekends E-Day, Eduard has announced a new 1/32 P-51B is in the works for next year.

You may need to start arranging financing for this. :bigrin:

Cheers,
RichB

Ah good , a new offering from Eduard. I will get my hammer , milling machine, chainsaw and 32 ton press ready, I keep them by the trash bin with my previous eduard builds.
That may be limited to their 1/35th scale armor and 32nd scale aircraft. Their latest 48th and 72nd scale Mustangs are sublime. I've no clue about their 1/144th scale kits though, asI doubt I can see them and am afraid I will blow them off the bench with a sneeze!

SoTiny.gif

Last edited:
There hasn't been any critques as to accuracy, shape, too many/not enough rivets, etc......yet.

KShf08z.jpeg

Cheers,
RichB

My guess is this. They have been doing the 1/48th scale P51s for a bit and it seems they have been quite good so far. If they are smart they will scale up the 1/48th then tweak up the detail.

My statement didn't say it outright, but what they should do is "start" with scaling up. They already have the info. Then hyper detail it and add more detail.

But if they put all the details in the kit, what would they do with all the PE, Resin, Brass and 3D Printed bits and pieces they have to "correct and improve" detail?

Cheers,
RichB

I doubt the kit will include all the hyper-detailed nice things Tamiya has in their Mustang (such as the engine). I expect to see aftermarket engine and landing gear bay with all the wiring and hoses done. Then the time-savers such as masks, pre-painted PE, Look, and Space. Last, the opening of options like propellers, ordnance, and tires.

It is true that they have the research but the section above the intake trunk below the cockpit has an odd shape only captured by Tamiya in their 32nd scale kit. I have not seen it on any of the kits I came across.

1727883388099.png

You're memory is long as well Paul. That wasn't the one that got me, the P38 issue is what got me. "Yeah we know it doesn't fit and we're not doing anything about it." was the one that got me. OK, I learned my lesson.

Back