• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Early war German figures

jknaus

Administrator
Hi all, I'd like to solicit some help. Does anyone know of some figures of early war German troops in states of rest. I have the new Dragon figures of which 2 will work for me. I'd like a few more. Something like a fellow with tunic off and suspenders hanging off washing up. Also maybe one with boots off relaxing. What I have in mond is a diorama, my first in eons. A KFz 13 and 14 on the side of a dirt road with the crew getting ready to do recce. They have just recently woken and are getting ready. I was thinking a panzer lagering there also but I havent decided yet on that. Right now I'm in research and collect as I finish off (Jenny close your eyes as this involves Badgers) a Zero. (Okay you can open your eyes now). :lol:
Thanks in advance.
James

Welll , how about these figures from Jaguar ? Two sets but either or both would fit right in I think :)

63076.jpg

63077.jpg

It says 1944 but I think the uniforms could be any era WWII . :) I have both sets if you want any more info .

Jenny :kiss:

The rise and shine looks like what I want. But I'm going to have to recheck my books. I'm pretty sure there is a difference between a Wehrmacht and tanker suit and between early and late uniforms. Thanks for pointing them out. I'll look for them.
James

Yeah there are differences if they are wearing the full uniform but since these guys are only semi dressed I think they are okay :unsure: but maybe I am wrong .

The set comes with a round base with the low wall and a gate , the standing "washing guy has his right hand washing his neck . Interestingly the water in the wash basin is a seperate dirty opaque brown resin .

jenny croft wrote:

that dude sitting on the ground is wearing the green tunic summer trouser which was issued in 1942! if you want to depict them in an earlier stage of war you should sand away the pocket on his left leg!

jenny croft wrote:

same here with the sleeping dude and additionally you should replace his head since he is wearing the m43 cap that like the name already says was issued 1943!

the only difference between early war and late war tanker jackets is that the pink piping was removed from 1942 on but early war jackets still could be seen later in war (same with the pre war and early war tanker helmet that looks like a beret)

Hey Laura ,

Just as a side issue , have you noticed Maultier and SwS armoured type , the crew seem to wear the Panzer beret through to the end of the war ? I wonder if due to the confined space they were issued with the leather helmet and beret to protect their heads ? If so , I wonder if other enclosed halftracks like the 250/9 crews were also issued with them ?

jenny croft wrote:
Just as a side issue , have you noticed Maultier and SwS armoured type

nah! haven't noticed!

if they wear the beret then it was personal preference, normally they would have been issued steel helmets but maybe they preferred the beret for better viewing!

in very early war the panzertruppen didn't have anything besides the berets but a lot of crews wore the fieldgrey sidecaps although they were forbidden to do so! they did so until the black sidecaps were issued!

the beret was withdrawn from troops in 1941 but some dudes continued to wear them, maybe out of style questions or because they grew sick of bumping their heads on hard steel and thought the choice between cholera and plague would be settled with wearing the uncomfortable beret instead of permanent headache!

i really can't tell the reasons but one thing's for sure - when the blockheads in berlin decided to withdraw an equipment, they withdrew it and didn't reissued it! an example for wehrmacht supply chain decisions was the north africa panzeruniform - at first it was planned to issue the regular black uniform in sand yellow until they noticed that the wool uniform was by far too hot for the interior of a panzer in northern africa so they dumped the idea and issued infantry style jackets to the troops!

James,

How about this one from Warriors:
http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=WSM35121
I was looking for the other ones, but found nothing more so far, I'll be looking further.

Piotr

Hi James.

I don't know if you will get exactly what you are looking for, but you probably can get close enough, and then do just a little bit of reworking here and there to get to where you want to be with this.

I would suggest a pair of Master Box figure sets that might have what you are looking for.

First is these guys. I think that they could easily be modified to be doing something besides playing cards.

http://www.mbltd.info/3525.htm​

And then there is this set that may have something that you could use. Especially seeing as some of them are in a striped down situation. I think that the guy with the air pump could very easily be put in front of a bowl of water to suggest that he is doing a quick clean up.He is even down to tee shirt and suspenders for you already :cheer: . And there is the other guy that looks like he is in shorts and a tee shirt also. And there are others in this set that could also be modified to be just kind of hanging out instead of working on stuff.

http://www.mbltd.info/3560_2_1.htm​

Hope this can be of some use to you

Gary B)

Back