• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dwayne Pfister has passed away.

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
Dwayne Pfister has passed away. He was a regular at Mastercon for many years. Many will remember Dwayne from all his articles in the southern California publications, Scale Modeler and Military Modeler.

I knew Dwayne since the early sixties. When I was stationed in Verdun France, (1959 to 1962), Dwayne was there as well.

He had many friends throughout America and he will be missed! He had been very ill for the last several years. I'm not certain, but I believe he was in his mid 60s.

Rest in Peace my friend!

Bob

bob letterman wrote:
Dwayne Pfister has passed away. He was a regular at Mastercon for many years. Many will remember Dwayne from all his articles in the southern California publications, Scale Modeler and Military Modeler.

I knew Dwayne since the early sixties. When I was stationed in Verdun France, (1959 to 1962), Dwayne was there as well.

He had many friends throughout America and he will be missed! He had been very ill for the last several years. I'm not certain, but I believe he was in his mid 60s.

Rest in Peace my friend!

Bob

My condolences to you Bob on the loss of your friend.

Cheers from Peter

I never knew him but I am saddened to hear of a loss of a friend to my friends . My condolances to all who were his friends and to his family.

Jenny

:(

I can remember seeing his work in Scale Modeler waaaaaay back before there were aftermarket anything except the old white metal detail pieces. And he was doing fantastic scratch built things that were just amazing.

It is a sad day because both, you have lost a long time friend. And we all have lost someone that was such a huge inspiration to so many.

Gary

Bob I am sorry to hear about this. Please tell his family that our thoughts and prayers will be with them.

Terry :(

That is so sad, his articles were amongst my favorites way back. RIP Dwayne.

Bob, I lost contact with Dan Tisoncik many years ago, do you know him?

Regards,

Bob,
Sorry I missed this one... I'll have to look through my old letters,
(Pre-Internet and E-mail for you youngsters) ;)
I wrote to Dwayne for many years picking his brain for information.
Me being a squid and him and old Army doggie. His expertise and
great articles will be missed. I'm sure he's sitting up there
looking down at us, with all the latest kits and aftermarket stuff
wondering why he doesn't have to scratch build stuff. :laugh:
Once again, my thoughts are with you and his family.
Shawn

Back