• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dry Transfers and Humidity

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I got some dry transfers for the Sabre and I'm having a hard time getting the buggers to release from the transfer paper. Hobbydecal is the brand i'm using.

Would humidity cause any problems?

lining up the transfer and burnishing with the Mission Multi-tool. I was able to get the USAF large transfer to work, and work well. But these little stencils are hit and miss at best. Plus there's hundreds of them!!!

Could you transfer those transfers ( :gogo )onto a decal sheet and slide them onto your project from there ?

The smaller the item is sometimes makes them more difficault :angry:

Do they release from the backing sheet but not stick?
Do they not release causing incomplete stencils?

By the way, some markings were decals. These would be the color ones without the stencil look to the letters. If so, do as Andy suggested and see if they rub onto clear decal film and use it that way.

Regards,

They just don't release from the film. I think I will try Andy's suggestion and transfer them to decal paper, as soon as I get some decal paper...But also, they have EVERY stencil on the aircraft, it's 1:48...I think if I put every one on it it would be overkill. We'll see what happens, thanks for your replies.

I remember seeing something in an ancient Letraset catalog about about applying some sort of solvent to old, dried-out transfers. I can't remember what the damned solvent was! Time for a google on dried-out rub-ons. Make it interesting do an image search with "safe-search" off! :D

Back