• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragunov's Fokker D.XXI "Dutch Patrol" Cancelled

Dragunov

Hi guys :Hiay

I decided I wanted to build an aircraft for a change, the first in over 30 years :woohoo:

This is the MPM 1/72 scale kit of the Fokker D.XXI, this is my favorite aircraft, the camo scheme with the orange triangles and white numbers, I think it looks great! But this little [strike]Fokker[/strike] plane, for me, also stands voor the brave fight the Dutch soldiers fought in those 5 terrible days in may 1940, against a far more superior enemy in arms and numbers, but not in spirit! :ro:

31FokkerDXXIDutchPatrol01.jpg

Here some pictures of the kit (I had forgotten how small 1/72 scale was :bang head

The sprues;
31FokkerDXXIDutchPatrol07.jpg

31FokkerDXXIDutchPatrol06.jpg

Clear parts;
31FokkerDXXIDutchPatrol03.jpg

Resin parts;
31FokkerDXXIDutchPatrol02.jpg

PE parts;
31FokkerDXXIDutchPatrol04.jpg

Decals;
31FokkerDXXIDutchPatrol05.jpg

Wish me luck (y) Here goes nothing!!! :D

Re: Dragunov's Fokker D.XXI "Dutch Patrol"

This is for MP;

Little Fokker :yipee Little Fokker :rotf

And Iron Mike and Tankbuilder. No more Fokker jokes, or I will be forced to ask our former Prime Minister Wim Kok to file an official complaint to the You Naait Het Steeds :rotf

Erik

A moratorium on Fokker jokes, just when Fokker Scourge is about to start! OK I'll refrain as much as possible but I can't control those others, they are like mad dogs! :mpup

Nice looking kit. :coolio

A moratorium on Fokker jokes, just when Fokker Scourge is about to start! OK I'll refrain as much as possible but I can't control those others, they are like mad dogs! :mpup

Nice looking kit. :coolio

I understand Bob, it's not your fould, it's always those other little Fokkers ............. Oeps :blush:

Oh Fokk, no more fokking Fokker jokes! :eek:hmy: Well, :pilot

Hi guys :Hiay

No progress on this build.... I spilled some CA glue on the canopy and fusulage, when I tried to open a tube of CA glue :angry: Total write off I'm afraid.

But as we say in Holland; "Gelukkig hebben we de foto's nog" (But at least we still got the pictures)

The Resin and PE parts are ok, but no use without the other parts. So if someone is interested in the leftover parts, sent me an PM.

I still plan to build a Fokker D.XXI, but then in 1/48 scale.

Cheers Erik

Quite sorry to hear that, Erik! I'm not even going to ask what you said when the glue escaped. :pinch:

That's awful Erik, sorry to hear that. I got some CA glue on a window for a Matchbox Do 18 one time. I ended up modeling it with the window open! Gotta watch that stuff!

I'm sure it will be better in 1/48 though!!

:rotf :rotf Good old CA. Nothing else will fix or Fokker your build as quickly as that . :vmad

Sorry to hear Erick. I was hoping to watch your progress.

Cheers, Christian B) B)

Back