• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon M274 w/Recoilless Rifle vignette

Ken Abrams

This is a project I've been working on lately based on the old ('95?) Dragon kit. I built it mostly out of the box only replacing the solid molded ammo racks with foil.

I made a small base using insulation foam wrapped in styrene and carved the walls from balsa foam. I based the scene on Volstad's artwork on the box top but had to make a few adjustments so it isn't exact.

KIMG1887~2.JPG
KIMG1888~2.JPG
KIMG1889~3.JPG

Great Subject Ken! Can't wait to see this little masterpiece come together.
200.gif

I like it! I have a 1/72 scale mule I built. I was going to mount a recoilless rifle on it too; but didn't know how to mount it. Now I do. Thanks!

I've had some time over the last couple weeks to do some painting on a couple projects.

After many years of messing around with acrylic primers I've gone back to the goat for my primer bases.

KIMG1939~2.JPG

Then using Tamiya paints I painted the wall, then the door, the grass and lastly the dirt. I've basically only block In the colors at this point and have lots of detail painting and washes and such...

KIMG1950~2.JPG

I haven't painted the mule or the figures yet but I still had to look.

KIMG1946~2.JPG
KIMG1952~2.JPG

Happy Friday,
see you soon!

What a neat little rig. It really pops with the primer and I cant wait to see what it looks like painted. The vignette setting looks really cool also.
Watching with interest :popcorn :)
James

Back