• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Deutsches Bundeswehr Fennek

jknaus

Administrator
Okay this is the one. Should go together very nicely.

DSC05580.JPG

DSC05581.JPG

DSC05582.JPG

From Wiki.
"The Fennek, named after the fennec (a species of small desert fox), or LGS Fennek, with LGS being short for Leichter Gepanzerter Spähwagen in German (Light Armoured Reconnaissance Vehicle), is a four wheeled armed reconnaissance vehicle produced by the German company Krauss-Maffei Wegmann, Dutch Defence Vehicle Systems [1] and Turkish FNSS Defence Systems.[2][3] It was developed for both the German Army and Royal Netherlands Army to replace their current vehicles."

James

DSC05634.JPG

Hopefully more pics tomorrow. Have done a bit more today but no pics since this morning.

James

Thanks everyone. Chipping aways at this. Still have to do some touching up according to the pics. Then its painting the black tread plates. Everything I have read and looked at points to a very dark blue floor with black tread plates. I used Vallejo 71091 Signal blue. The best mach for the green I had in my paints was 71010 Interior Green. The blackish foam coverings were done with a mix of 71054 Dark Grey Blue and 333 German Tanker Black.
Once the touch ups are done its a bit of weathering, putting some mags and water in the storage pockets, scratch building a parking break switch and gear shift on the forward right side. They were missed by Trumpeter. Then doing the webbing.
The instrument dash is Eduard PE. I highly recommend this set.

DSC05638.JPG

DSC05639.JPG

Then more exterior work and then finishing the interior. Anyone have a suggestion for a Tamiya or Vallejo paint for the seats?

fennek_054_of_149.jpg

Here is a great ref for anyone else doing the Fennek.

Critiques more than welcome while I have a chance to correct something.
James

That is sweet James! I built the 1/72 scale model of this vehicle and didn't even try an interior. I'm glad, since this looks so extensive. You're doing very well on this.

Anyone have a suggestion for a Tamiya or Vallejo paint for the seats?

Looking at the driver station I would go for Vallejo-Panzer Aces-Light Rubber # 305 with a slightly darker filter afterwards.

Hey that's looking great James! (y) (and thanks for the link!)

Gr,Ron.

Thanks everyone. Chipping aways at this. Still have to do some touching up according to the pics. Then its painting the black tread plates. Everything I have read and looked at points to a very dark blue floor with black tread plates. I used Vallejo 71091 Signal blue. The best mach for the green I had in my paints was 71010 Interior Green. The blackish foam coverings were done with a mix of 71054 Dark Grey Blue and 333 German Tanker Black.
Once the touch ups are done its a bit of weathering, putting some mags and water in the storage pockets, scratch building a parking break switch and gear shift on the forward right side. They were missed by Trumpeter. Then doing the webbing.
The instrument dash is Eduard PE. I highly recommend this set.

DSC05638.JPG

DSC05639.JPG

Then more exterior work and then finishing the interior. Anyone have a suggestion for a Tamiya or Vallejo paint for the seats?

fennek_054_of_149.jpg

Here is a great ref for anyone else doing the Fennek.

Critiques more than welcome while I have a chance to correct something.
James
Love that interior

Back