• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Decals for Elephants in Italy ?

panzerace007

And No ... I'm not talkin pachyderms !

The Elephants that belonged to the 653rd s.Pz.Jagr.Abtl 1st. Kompanie. They were sent to Italy for a little while - Feb '44 - August '44. I've looked at Bison, Echelon, Archer & I go nothing ... A Guy on ML posted a set from Trax Armor products. But these look to have a lot for the Kursk Ferdinands.

So, If any one knows of any .. Send up a Flair !

Thanx in Advance

ERIK

LAURA,

THANX for lookin' out, but these markings are for Kursk & for Ferdinands. The panels at the bottom of the sheet for 1st. Kompanie & the Black outlined #'s. The Elephants in Italy had solid White #'s with some having a Gothic Script U on the Right rear superstructure of the vehicle.

This decal sheet from Trakx - VLS - http://decals.kitreview.com/decals/ferdinandelefantmarkingsreviewbg_1.htm

tx002reviewbg_1.jpeg

Th only useful #'s from this sheet are th #102. That is th font etc. Used by 1st. Kompanie in Italy & you can also see th Gothic U.
Th rest of the numbers belong to 2 & 3rd. Kompanie which stayed behind & were shipped off to Poland after Kursk & took possession of the Re-designated Elephants in March of '44. The panels at the bottom of this sheet are for Kursk, as are the Bunds type eagle. The Sword was adopted right before Th 653rd. Received Their Elephants. I'm not sure what th Skull & Cross bones are .. Unless They were seen in Italy & were actually put Their by the Americans to identify a Booby trapped Vehicle ?

I'm using Karl-Heinz Munch's book - Combat History of the 653rd. as a reference. There is a specific chapter on the 1st. Kompanie going to Italy with pix. although fuzzy, you can still make out a few Tact. #'s th Elephants that followed were - # 101, 102 ,111, 112, 113, 114, 121, 122, 123, 124, & 131, 1 Berge-Ferdinand & 2 Pz III M munition schleppers.

I hate to be a picky Biatch ...but .... Also .. I don't necessarily want to do #102 -That's th one that is @ APG now moved down th road from Me to Ft.Lee. captured @ Anzio.

2683113976_b9fba6a18f.jpeg

2683112600_11e01164f2.jpeg

I'm really surprised that Echelon hasn't made a set, considering how specialized some of Their sets can get ... Bison either , for that matter.

Back