• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Death and Devestation in WNC

Tojo72

First I want to say that personally me and my neighbors really dodged a bullet,we avoided flooding and damage in the storm,and only lost power for 26 hrs but the area is pretty devestated,Asheville got hit hard,small towns like Black Mountain,Boone,Chimney Rock,and Swannanoa were devestated,will be a long time for them to recover.us and our neighbors are on wells and are supplying water to others who make it in,many are hosting family and friends.Even for us gas and food is scarce,and lines are long.Every day situation with power and communication improves,but its gonna be awhile.
I don't know how many board members in the South East were affected but my thoughts are certainly with them.This is bigger devastation to me then when I was in NJ for Sandy

Glad to hear from you Tony, was worried about you.
I imagine a lot of folks moved to the mountains to get away from that kind of weather, they are calling this 1000 year event.
We got power back on Monday, Bruce and Eric are still down. I have very minimal damage.

Couple of more local resources.

this morning it was reporting 45 dead, now it's 61, that's Buncombe county alone.

We're actually investigating getting Starlink up at the plant in Arden, they have power and all employees are safe.

it is really sad to hear this and I wish ya all the best.

Two years ago we had a major rain flood in a valley in Rhineland Palatinate that cost many, many lives. I fear this is the time we live in now, when storms, downpours and floods are becoming more and more severe.

I don't live there in Rhineland Palatinate, I know several people there. I live on the North Sea coast and if the dikes break one day, I'm sure I'll have very wet feet and probably a lot more.

As I said, my best wishes to everyone over there.

Back