• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cosmo Kramer in 1/8th scale

Kramer in 1/8th scale

Sundays are my best modeling days. They always have been. Nice and quiet. Kramer is looking more like Kramer. Added some shading, a touch of fine steel wool to the top of the head for the frizzy Kramer look. Painted his patterned shirt and gave his sport coat a base coat. As you can see the gloss on the face has already softened, taking on the more natural look of human skin.

Kman06.jpg

Kman07.jpg

Oh Mama, looking more and more like Cosmo!

For those of you who aren't familiar with Kramer, here are a couple of photos.

cosmo_kramer_wallpaper_1280x1024.jpg

kramer3.jpg

Bob

Kramer in 1/8th scale

Very nice. Love that shirt. I'm going to assume freehand, how did you do it?
(y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Kramer in 1/8th scale

Wow, it really does make it look much more life like! (y)

I want that shirt!!!

Kramer in 1/8th scale

Very nice. Love that shirt. I'm going to assume freehand, how did you do it?
(y) (y) (y) (y)
James

James,

You have an eye like my wife, Susan. When I showed her the post, she said, "How did you do that shirt"? I told her that I only freehanded part of it. I remembered that somewhere in my decal/dry transfer file, I had a Letraset sheet from about 25 years ago with frilly patterns. I found it, and only a small amount of transfers were still usable. I used the three that were and the shirt looked empty so I took a 000 brush, some Vallejo black paint and freehanded copies of the original in the bare spots. When dry, I gave it all a coat of Polly-S clear flat and it all came together. If you look closely, the dry transfers are darker than my freehand. The hell with it, I'm not going to redo it.

I have freehanded shirts before, but I kinda cheated on this one. Here is one I did in total. I just never saw Kramer in a Hawaiian shirt before. They were always prints or plaids.

police-diose.jpg

Bob

Kramer in 1/8th scale

Dear Bob.

...my congratulations!...work of art on shirt pattern as well as on teeth/mouth painting...i like it very much...

Best!

Luiz.

Kramer in 1/8th scale

BoB !!

Steller ! Right on th Money !! That Shirt is Awesome Great job !! You've captured th personality of Cosmo ... Dat's fo-sho !

The face is magical ! Great job outlining th Eyes !

I'm just wondering where th Mackinaw Peaches are !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-sfk3PGQDg​

Kramer in 1/8th scale

This is the best done figure of Cosmo Kramer EVER!
NO ONE can top this one!!!...I am convinced of that,EVEN if I never seen Kramer in modelform.

Greetings,Ron.

Kramer in 1/8th scale

Wow, it really does make it look much more life like! (y)

I want that shirt!!!

All you have to do is ask son, I'll get you one! :laugh:

Dad

Wow :ro: AMASING work!

All the best! :drinks

Dusan.

Thanks Dusan!

A lot more to go!

Bob

Dear Bob.

...my congratulations!...work of art on shirt pattern as well as on teeth/mouth painting...i like it very much...

Best!

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz,

I need to get back on this one. So many models, so little time! :yipee

Bob

Kramer in 1/8th scale

BoB !!

Steller ! Right on th Money !! That Shirt is Awesome Great job !! You've captured th personality of Cosmo ... Dat's fo-sho !

The face is magical ! Great job outlining th Eyes !

I'm just wondering where th Mackinaw Peaches are !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-sfk3PGQDg​

Thanks Erik,

It's one of those models that look better in person than in photographs. Weird!

Bob

This is the best done figure of Cosmo Kramer EVER!
NO ONE can top this one!!!...I am convinced of that,EVEN if I never seen Kramer in modelform.

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron,

Not sure about that! But it really does seem to capture him better in person than the photos.

Bob

This is too cool! :popcorn

Thank you Sir!

Bob

Back