• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Command Shelter.

I think it would depend where the gun was. I think most of the guns were on the coast originally and they were in special bunkers, pulled out to fire and then carted back in. The 2 guns in Anzio were in a railway tunnel and pulled out to fire, again pulled back in. So the C&C would be in buildings.
James

Thank's for the help James. :) I thought that's what might have been the case.
I was gunna do a "On a disused rail cutting"Type of thing so I thought I might put a tempory command tent in the area.

It could also be in a good old bus
OpelBlitzbus_5_zps3835fe46.jpg

Thank's for the help James. :) I thought that's what might have been the case.
I was gunna do a "On a disused rail cutting"Type of thing so I thought I might put a tempory command tent in the area.

In that case, make the tent for salvage workers or something.

In my research while working on the Dora, she had a command cabin already installed on her. The commander of the attached AA battery (reinforced) would most likely have had a command van/truck/bus, while any other gun crew commanders would most likely have had a railroad passenger car attached to the train that pulled the gun.

Back