• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Calm before the storm ....................

@ ANDY - :laugh:

Well , th Winds kickin' up a little more. I was on th Back Porch & it smells like fresh cut Wood ! Very Sapy ! Still raining, nothin' really severe. The Smell of sap in th Air is very Bizarre ........ ??

Oh, incase you're wondering .... I've since lifted My head as My ears a full of water now ! :D Drying My ears off , Crackin' Open a Heineken & havin' a Smoke on th Back porch . .... More Details as They develop !

:drinks

I'm smelt that before in a storm, wind whipping up the aromas i've always guessed, maybe even breaking some pine trees. Maybe the bending in the wind releases some of the sap. Or even broke, downed trees close by.

Here in Western' SC...Nuffin! Not even a drop of rain. overcast but stil hot and humid.

Just starting to rain here in Saratoga, but it might be unrelated to Irene. There were, however, some strange clouds...one set overlapped another and it looked like a curtain...weird dips and folds. Sun's setting leaving some dull pinks and purples behind and everything is very quiet ;)

I saw a cloud today over Chicago :blush:

ANDY I'm sure that was one of th Lost Sheep that got spun out of th Hurricane ! Can you send Him back Home Please !

Well ... Not too exciting now ... The Eye is off to th North East. Headed past the Eastern Side of the Eastern Shore,V.A.

Jersey's gettin it now. th Same stuff that Hit here this Mornin'. The Eye aughta hit NYC head on, Mid-Mornin' ? I feel for those Cats.

Good Luck CHEYENNE !!! Hang in there Bro it's gonna get Bumpy from here on out till Mid Afternoon tomorrow !!

Thoughts & Prayers to ya' !! :drinks

7:30am , Sunday morning ..........

Went out for a drive around 4 - 4:30 this morning .
Went down to the bay , it's low tide and level with the street . High tide is around 10;30 am this morning , we're in for quite a flooding .
Lots of small branches down , winds are not really that bad , like I said we have had worse Nor Easters .

John [ Sticky ] , you'll like these pics.
This is the 91 -92 Nor Easter on LBI .

Early the morning of the storm a friend on the island called me up and asked if I could help him hump his belongings up to the second floor .
I arrived at his house at 7:30 , 8 and the water rose 3 to 4 feet in a few short hours .
By noon , the ocean had cut the island in half in quite a few places .
After moving his belongings upstairs and driving around for awhile , we holed up at the Gateway bar , across the street from the Quarterdeck lounge . [ go figure ] .

Arriving on the island around 8 .

Picture1693.jpg

Picture1692.jpg

Picture1688.jpg

One hour after arrival , my friends house and his neighbor .

Picture1684.jpg

Picture1678.jpg

Picture1687.jpg

A half hour after that driving around .

Picture1689.jpg

Picture1686.jpg

Picture1683.jpg

Picture1676.jpg

Picture1674.jpg

Picture1669.jpg

This pic. is decieving the end of this dune drops 20 - 30 feet down to the ocean .

Picture1685.jpg

Pics from the front door of the bar and the surrounding area .

Picture1682.jpg

Picture1680.jpg

Picture1681.jpg

Picture1675.jpg

Picture1672.jpg

Picture1671.jpg

This isn't a marina is boat storage acroos the street from the bar .

Picture1677.jpg

A few days after the storm .

Picture1670.jpg

Picture1690.jpg

Another dune/cliff shot .

Picture1673.jpg

Holed up at the bar and scenes from the front porch

Winds have definitely kicked up a few notches!!! It's like Glen said...it's like a winter nor'easter but without the cold. Other than some rain coming through the windows though we're good! Power is flickering though so my kids may be forced to actually talk to me without their electronic distractions...

Yep'er Pup , that was the one , ........ Nor Easter , high tides , brutal east winds , ........ shoved the Atlantic Ocean about a mile or so inland in costal areas .

Mike , ya still gotta hunker down , not really much wind [ by shore standards ] , but a whooooole pant load of rain !!!

Erik my man , how ya makin out ?

Got a small peek at the sun , still a little windy , small gusts , nothing worse than everyday winter weather tho .
Raining lightly , then stopping , ........ managed to get outside and spray the back tank of the 2111 build fuel truck .

Hiya all,

Just raining here with some very small gust of wind.

Glenn, I remember that storm! Inlaws house was high and dry but the beach was gone and really didn't recover until early this year - now I bet its gone again!

GLEN,

I made out really well ... all things been considered ! The Power never went out & just some leaves blown off th trees. Heck .. Direct T.V. even stayed on th whole time !!

I'm glad to see your hangin' in there !!

Has any one heard fr om Steinman ? New Hampshire got Slammed !! I think all of Their Rivers, creeks etc . are Flooding ! I mean Big Time Floodin.

I hope all's well with you JOHN !! :drinks

GLEN - Hopefully th water will creep back to th Ocean very Soon !!!

:drinks :drinks

Glen
I'll pray to you and your family to be safe in this storm that are over U.S.

And to all the friends that are facing this hurricane.

Cheers and be safe :mpup

Arturius , thanks to yours and everyone else's thoughts and prayers we dodged a bullet .

The sun came out around 1 - 2 pm , funny thing was , the winds were worse than during the storm .

Lots of small tree limbs and branches , minor flooding , power only out for about 6 min. Sat./Sun. night .

When we get a hurricane that climbs the coast , it's usually not that bad .
If one comes directly from the Atlantic and smacks us , ........ it can be very bad .

John , I'll try and make it over to the island after work today and see what happened there .

No pics. of the end of my street - they blocked it off a hundred yards from my house cause of flooding .

Here's hoping everyone else made out ok , Erik - we got reeeeeal lucky !!!

My generator is still singing, still no power/phone/cable. Other than some trees taking out some poles and some heavy rain, Irene was hyped to be much more than she was.

Thank goodness for smart phones.

CHEYENNE,

Glad to hear you made out O.K. !!

KEN - Glad to see you didn't get Blasted. I'm not sure if it was over hyped. It was pretty intense down here in V.A. Winds kicked up around here @ 74mph.- Now those were Gusts & not sustained, none-th-less it was touch-n-go there for a while !! Although I'm sure you'll pick up a lot of work from this Storm !

I think Irene lost some of her Punch by th time She got up your way Ken. It sounds like th main problem up in N.E. is the Flooding ?

I'm glad to hear that everyone made it !!! Model's intact ! :D

I think Irene lost some of her Punch by th time She got up your way Ken. It sounds like th main problem up in N.E. is the Flooding ?

I told ya, it's the Washington DC sucking all life out of anything that comes close to it factor.. :nothingtoad

:snoopy

Back