• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bolivian P-51D Mustang 1/32

Mikkel

Hello!!!

So you thought I was going to do a Dominican one... nope!
the masks for the Dominican bird are a bit "slow" so I thought I would have a crack on a Bolivian one instead :)

I got some fine decals from Claudio Moura from brasil in 1/72 and though I could scale 'em up and use them as guides for a simpel paint mask :)
Mine will be ethier FAB 511, standard P-51D,Or FAB 523 a Cavalier Mustang. What do you think?!
this is the one i have "decals" for:
FAB-09b.jpg

and in flight, looks damn sexy!!! :ro:
FAB-10b-1.jpg

It was not the only thing with teeth (or claws!!)
Pucho-condor.jpg

Run!!!

The standard one is pretty much the same, camo wise :)

And since it's a Tamiya kit, it has a full engine :unsure: I think it looks like crap with the cowlings removed, maybe because my engine is not good, but also that it just looks wrong! whatta ya say? do the engine or not?

Much Much more to follow!!!

Cheers,
Mikkel

Show your teeth!!!!! :ro: :dude

Never did the 1:72 so can't help you about the engine. in that scale I'd leave it out and git'er Done! (y)

Cool no engine!!

I painted the cockpit light grey yester day... not good had to remove all the paint :(

Here's some pre paint photo's
DSC09084_zps6b98aa05.jpg

Yeah did not go soooo good, better cut some more to get better :D :silly: :sick: :blink
DSC09085_zps394c100d.jpg

and instrument panel, will be light grey with a few new thingies
DSC09086_zps410e6019.jpg

I snaped of the parts and got 'em ready to paint:
and removed the tank behind the pilot :eek:hyeah
He interupted my work!
DSC09087_zps559af8fa.jpg

I wanted to put a pilot in the pit, cause them Bolivians had some nice uniforms, bright orange!
DSC09088_zpsff67b6d2.jpg

The legs had to modified a bit :)

Soon....
I got holiday for a week, so I got loads of time now Wooohhoooo!!

Very cool. I think they made these civilianized and removed the fuel tank to put a second seat in, then made them militarized again. I could be wrong though.
James

Ding!!! we have a winner!!
just as he said it :D

Thanks for all the nice words ;)
Hopefully I can show some more progress to night :)

Back