• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blockers on browsers

paddy

I am getting swamped by adverts which kills the experience of visiting the site , is it just me and should i be doing something with Add blocker or with my Google settings. ?

Screenshot 2024-07-20 101205.png

Sorry about that. I turned on an option that really took over. Think it's off now. I really don't like that "Chat with Expert" one, I've been trying to filter those.

No worries Bob, just wondered if i had done something similar :)

the funny thing is i loath adverts and am more than happy to pay to get rid of them like my Netflix account....but

My great Grandfather was Thomas Barratt, see here

so basically its all my fault :)

I have been using the Opera browser for a number of months and it has two easy items in the settings that block adverts and turns off tracking. They actually work so good that I have to turn off the ad blocking to view the utube videos.
I have found I really like the Opera browser better than any of the others I have used.
Just an FYI, Google and Utube (which is owned by Google) are doing a lot of censorship these days. This is really true of Utube where if there is even a partial hint at anything they don't like, it will get demonetized and hidden away. I learned recently that there are something like 15 thousand words that are on their demon list with one of the highest priority being WEF or World Economic Forum. If those are used or even hinted at the video will get shut down. They can even read lips with their A.I. now.

Just letting folks know.

No worries Bob, just wondered if i had done something similar :)

the funny thing is i loath adverts and am more than happy to pay to get rid of them like my Netflix account....but

My great Grandfather was Thomas Barratt, see here

so basically its all my fault :)
I know the feeling Paddy, my 6th or 7th grand father was this guy.

Long story but he basically started the French and Indian war AND by extension, 7 Years war.

My blocker is doing so well it blocks this thread, I got to rename it.

Back