• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Attn. Ken Abrams .............

Cheyenne

Hey man , get out your Redneck to English dictionary .............

Farkazit ............... ?

An East L.A. low rider .............. I'm azoomin a Scout ?

AComCP.jpg

Probably just a command vehicle stuffed with radios (judging by all those antennas) and maybe a map table or something. There are many different types because they were probably for the most part, just created in the field out of whatever they had to serve the purpose.

(I also believe that's a captured German generator in the photo?)

anyway, here's some more types:

COMMAND5.jpg

COMMAND4.jpg

There was once a discussion on Missing-Lynx and it was basically stated by a well known author/modeler, that there were never any official versions built and that they were all 'one off' type vehicles. I tried to respectfully disagree that there were at least some that were more assembly line in design and that even if they were made in a field shop, they were done so in numbers.

Of course because I am a nobody that was voicing a different opinion than a well established person, my statements were met with great displeasure and strife. Unfortunately for those who choose to follow blindly without ever considering it may be possible for new information to come to light and trump the old beliefs, these next two photos must have left them feeling mislead and tasting foot for a few days.

COMMAND3.jpg

COMMAND2.jpg

Back