• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Artwork I have been working on

Wow, Greg. Being a pencil lead geek myself I can see you've paid quite a bit of attention to proportion, lead pressure, and light feathering. Awesome work, Buddy, awesome!

I wanna see you do a drawing of Gail as the Fartfull Barn super heroine! Cape, Mask, etc. :yipee:
Already did. She is Catwoman. It is a very small 5x7 drawing.
catwoman-4w_1_orig.jpg

That's me in the Cap suit. My team, called Heroes In Force. I am retired as Cap (got too fat for my suit), but I still make the suits for the team. I made Flash, Wonder Woman, and mine. Lady Thor made her own. Spiderman bought his, and Batman (the leader of the group) spent 3K on his suit.

Walking small.jpg

Gail in her costume... We are teaching a group of kids to be heroes in their own community by "Never Give Up", "Help other People", "Always do the right thing" and "Don't be a bully".
11181630_10204992270421952_8739200203694913670_n.jpg

CATWOMAN-220.jpg

She was ALWAYS uncomfortable wearing her suit in public, but did it for the kids.

Ok, so I have been busy with my art and have several to show. First up is a grumpy old Scotsman. Probably o e of my better portraits. It is Duncan Lacroix as Murtaugh Fitzgibbons. One of my favorite characters from Outlander and played to absolute perfection by Duncan. A little graphite, but mostly Conte Pierre Noir 2B, plus a few lines of Sakura Black Ultrafine brushpen...and eraser; kneaded, electric, and Tombow Mono round.
1000008519.jpg

Next up is a trout drawing. I used almost every possible tool in my drawing box for this one.
1000008558.jpg

Next is a painting of Ichabod the bear, a very well fed 550#+ black bear that frequents the house of some friends of mine. Jimmy is a retired forest ranger so I guess he knows what he is doing, but he feeds Ichabod suet cakes...by hand. This is an oil on linen, 24 x 30
1000008897.jpg

Following that is Yonah Mountain commission to be given as a Christmas present. Yonah is a very active rock face where Rangers train mountain climbing and rappelling. I am almost sorry to see this painting go. It is the best one I have done in quite some time. Oil on linen, 24x36".
1000009001.jpg

And last and probably least I did a drawing of one of my favorite female bodybuilders, Ariel Rose. I found this image fascinating.
1000009025.jpg

That's it I guess. I have more to do, but I really need to do another mountain landscape painting!

Back