• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix Katy

paddy

I have been watching for the impending Airfix K2/y, affectionately know as katys in service here and today i see Gecko models are also releasing the same thing in October
Does anyone know if these are the same kit ?

They should both be new tooled.. The Ghekko one will probably be more detailed and full of tiny parts going on past experience. The first one with come with figures of then Princess Elizabeth. They will then be putting out a late war version and then 2 trucks, WW II British Army Open Cab 30-cwt 4x2 GS Truck and WWII British Army Closed Cab 30cwt 4x2 GS Truck. Scalemates is a good site to get info and also the pedigree.

I have 2 with Queen Elizabeth preordered at the moment.
James

They should both be new tooled.. The Ghekko one will probably be more detailed and full of tiny parts going on past experience. The first one with come with figures of then Princess Elizabeth. They will then be putting out a late war version and then 2 trucks, WW II British Army Open Cab 30-cwt 4x2 GS Truck and WWII British Army Closed Cab 30cwt 4x2 GS Truck. Scalemates is a good site to get info and also the pedigree.

I have 2 with Queen Elizabeth preordered at the moment.
James
Which one has Queen Elizabeth?

Which one has Queen Elizabeth?
The first kit.
I've been waiting for this since last year. It should be be on the streets in October. At least I hope it will as I am paying off a Topol-M right now, and that along with some hospital visits and an operation next month is making funds tight.
1660529257844.png

A fellow who is already building one has put out some STL files to print the missile in 1/35. Will do that in a bit.
JAmes

The first kit.
I've been waiting for this since last year. It should be be on the streets in October. At least I hope it will as I am paying off a Topol-M right now, and that along with some hospital visits and an operation next month is making funds tight.
View attachment 152540
A fellow who is already building one has put out some STL files to print the missile in 1/35. Will do that in a bit.
JAmes
That Topol-M kit is going to be huge!

Back