• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airbrush cleaning question

jknaus

Administrator
Will an ultrasonic cleaner damage an airbrush? What would be the best cleaning solution to use in one if they are ab safe?
Thanks in advance.
James

Ultrasonic would not damage an Airbrush, I wish I had one that still worked. Cleaning solution, not sure what to tell you on that, I've used Simple Green, Greased Lightening, Windex and with good results, Windex probably did better.

James, I use a solution of Simple Green with only a touch (at most 20%) of Windex and a drop or two of grease cutting dish washing detergent.

I then rinse in regular tap water and wipe dry.

Bob, go to Amazon and find a new one. There are some which are MUCH cheaper than the one I almost pulled the trigger on at Micro-Mark (before they started competing with the brands they carried by copying them). I am on my second one.

This is the one I bought and it is now $27.88USD shipped:

Click me to buy!

It is the simpler model and is only On (3 minutes) or Off.

The 3800 model, which I owned previously, could be set for different times. Amazon has this for $34.95USD and Free Shipping!

This is the better buy.

Regards,

The solvent you choose is really dependent on the ultrasonic cleaner. I would follow the mfg suggestions. I always used 90% alc. in mine. Just don't let the parts bang together.

James, I use a solution of Simple Green with only a touch (at most 20%) of Windex and a drop or two of grease cutting dish washing detergent.

I then rinse in regular tap water and wipe dry.

Bob, Go to Amazon and find some. There are some which are MUCH cheaper than the one I almost pulled the trigger on at Micro-Mark (before they started competing with the brands they carried by copying them). I am on my second one.

Regards,

Can't do Amazon (I'm boycotting them over a HDTV I attempted to buy through them) but I'm looking over Ebay now. I like these 2 liter sized ones.

Thanks everuone. This is the one I settled on.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150575123195&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

In my current price range.

James

James, this is the same one for only $38.95USD or a buy i t now for $42.95 as there are more offered. Perhaps, this is cheaper to ship than the vendor you're looking at?

Regards,

That didnt show up when I was looking. Drat. Well too late now as I already paid for mine. And got one for my wife's birthday for her jewelry making. Thanks Saul.
James

What ever you do make sure the cleaner you use will not harm any " o " rings or plastic gaskets , washers etc. on your ab .

Back