• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy Storch modified to C standarts

phantom II

Master at Arms
:) Hello, everyone.
after seeing the beautiful Storch posted by Hood I was convinced to find the pictures of this Academy version I modified to a C standard a few years back. Also my first Eduards photo etch. Hope you enjoy.

021.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

I really enjoyed this build since I have such a fondness for this quirky little aircraft. The tiny brass etch was scary but it has now become habit.

Cheers, Christian

Awesome build Christian! I was hoping Doc's Storch would bring this one out.
I love the paint work and it looks really good on ski's too.(y)

Tim

Having seen this build up close and personal, the base does NOT do it justice! (y)

That looks awesome. What did you have to do to make her a C model? Love the cam too.
James

Not much visible actually. Exhaust and extra fuel tank. They also had a higher horsepower engine and most flew with the side panels removed due to engine overheat problems.
I cut out all the little air intakes/vents and added the parts of the engine visible from the front end. I kept the outer panels on so I could maintain my sanity. It's a fiddly model . :S

TTFN. Christian

Back