• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A question for the Berliners

jknaus

Administrator
Does anyone living in Berlin know what colour the bricks are in the older buildings? Where they red, tan or something else. Reason I would like to know is I have to make some bricks and want to stain the plaster. Thanks in advance.
James

Been there quite a bit recently as my Brother lived there up until six months ago

Red brickwork on older stuff I did a Berlin Battle damage post up on the Old TnT site you can also get some tan buildings too however a lot of buildings have been cleaned up since the war as some of the sandstone buildings suffered badly from smoke damage which seeped into the stone and permentely stained them into a dark black/soot colour

Ill go get the pictures and info back from there and maybe bung it back up on here :)

Sorry James I just saw you posted this up in August :(

Right Ive got some pictures back now ( the majority are on my computer stored back at my Mums house in London )

Where`s the best place to post them up as Ive done a bit of a tiny research to go with them ?

Maybe in the real thing section or in the Berlin GB ?

Right Ive got some pictures back now ( the majority are on my computer stored back at my Mums house in London )

Where`s the best place to post them up as Ive done a bit of a tiny research to go with them ?

Maybe in the real thing section or in the Berlin GB ?

Probably the real thing as they may get forgotten in the gb later on.
James

Back