• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

37 Chevy Modified Race Car

Kevin

This build was a salvage job from a couple of old models that had been in my parts box for many years. I had the remains of a Vega modified chassis and a 37 Chevy drag car. I cut the front off the 37, opened up the windows a bit and shortened the rear deck about an inch. I used styrene tubing to build the bumpers, roll cage and side bars. Sheet styrene for the firewall and hood.
The paint is Tamiya Metallic red with a clear coat.
Thanks for looking!

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

Hey Kevin! Sorry I missed your post, but this one really looks great! That Tamiya paint really lays down nice and you really pulled off all the little details! (y) The headers really look great!

Very impressive Kevin (y) (y) (y) Like the way you build and finish, very clean and tight.

That red came out great, silver underneath? Thats just the color I'm looking for for my drag car.

Randy

Thanks guys, I appreciate the interest!
Randy, I used the Tamiya TS-18 metallic Red over a medium gray primer, then a clear coat. It looks really sharp without much extra work. I bet it would look awesome over a gold base.
Thanks Mike, the headers were painted gray and then brushed on a couple of coats of Rustall for a well used look.

The metallic bases work well with Tamiya sprays, a white base works very well too. Keep 'em comin', buddy!! (y)

Kevin:

I really like that 37 racer. I really like the paint job you did on it too. Very nice what you did on it.

Dave W.

Back