• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1994 Silverado 1:1 Style...

mustang1989

I've got this posted in my introduction thread but this is going to be an ongoing mod/ build for a while so I figured I'd start another thread.

Fyi....My other hobby (and a much more expensive hobby at that) is hotrodding as if that couldn't be guessed already. ;)

My current ride is a 1994 Silverado equipped with a 383 stroker motor, built up 4L60 transmission with a 2200rpm stall converter and 4.10 gears.

PyOFPk.jpg

qT0xxh.png

pSj3I3.jpg

RssOxw.jpg

This was when it was sporting a 680 cfm 2 barrel TBI unit with 454 fuel injectors on top but I've currently switched it out to a Holley 650 Double Pumper and HEI ignition. All I had to do was add a throttle position sensor and wire it in to the electrical harness and connect the tach ckt from the HEI into the rpm signal input to the ECM for transmission shift control. Worked like a charm.

During the removal of the TBI unit...

QUP6P7.jpg

During the install....

2Z2o8U.jpg

and afterwards. This is JUST what this engine needed to wake things up under the hood.

8d53rx.jpg

Nice, bet it'll bark'em.

It's just what it needed Bob. Typical two barrel to four barrel conversion results. The two barrel starts falling on its face soon after getting out of the hole but with the four barrel it just pulls all the way to the redline. I'm going to trade out cams either next week or the week after and it should pull even harder out of the hole. So that should hold me over long enough while I start on project 406. I just got the 400 small block delivered today......
2bAdHb.gif

Easiest way to get a small fortune in racing? Start w/ a large one. :lol:

I get to rip the dash out of the Mustang this summer...not looking forward to that. :facepalm:

Back