• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 CASA-212 Aviocar Portuguese Air Force

Hello!
This model was finished on the first half of 2019, and was published on the June issue of Airfix Model World.
It`s the Special Hobby offering of the C-212 Aviocar.

This build had a special impact in me. These Aircraft saved a lot of lives on the archipelago of Azores (were i live) transporting patients from the smaller islands to the ones with hospital.

There are even some Azoreans born aboard the Aviocar!

The kit is well detailed and the decals stunning. The presence of putty on the lower surface of the fuselage is mainly due to a mistake of the modeller.
I used paints from the Vallejo and Mission Model Paints ranges.

49699367437_dfc9652977_h.jpg

49698521503_40d22ae17e_h.jpg

49699362727_3eb2b2ddb8_h.jpg

49698521363_dfedd61d75_h.jpg

49698520478_4cb383b2ad_h.jpg

A very nice job on a model from a company that has a reputation of being difficult to build! :good:

Thanks a lot for the comments!

A very nice job on a model from a company that has a reputation of being difficult to build! :good:

The kit builds up easily. The filler job was just a mistake i made. I should have glued a couple of tabs on the fuselage parts, and the problem would have been solved.

Very impressive, love the way your joins have disapeared, the finish in 1/72 is superb.

Wow man, that is just GREAT! The wing droop, along with showing how you got the delineation between camo and underbelly are just top notch!

Back