• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Zvezda BF 109 F-4/R1

Phil

Start up time
DSC_2255m21.jpg~original

DSC_2256me2.jpg~original

Scheme = Yellow 4 or Yellow 7
DSC_0888D.jpg~original

Yep, Yellow 4 or Yellow 7, great choices. Isn't this supposed to be the 'best' 1:48 109F you can buy nowadays ??

Ian.

Isn't this supposed to be the 'best' 1:48 109F you can buy nowadays ??

Ian.

Good question !!! :) someone here should know more about it than me, what I do know is this kit has so many duplicate parts to build either the early F series or the later 'improved', braced tail etc.

it is nice to work with, tolerances are very tight, one has to remove any stray paint for fit otherwise she don't go.

Clean up of parts off the sprues - very minimal.

it also has nice 'D' shaped pegs and holes so you get the exact position for some small part fitting, it's a nice touch.

Gives you three versions of stance, 1/ wheels down engine open, 2/ wheels down engine closed up, and 3/ wheels up - with optional stand - not supplied though.

And four load out versions, A/ pure fighter, B/ fighter with under wing cannon pods and drop tank, C/ fighter bomber with four 50 kg frag bombs, D/ fighter bomber with one 250 kg bomb.

Instructions make your head mushy!!

Progress, apart from a multitude of prepped and painted RLM 02 and 66, a little to look at!

MG's not glued. Just a minimal pit wash, to be flatcoated later. A mix of Pe and kit parts.

Seat is for the optional pilot figure if it looks a bit funny.

DSC_2461a.jpg~original

barrels after the Uschi burnishing treatment.
DSC_2447b.jpg~original

A few shots of the dry fitted wing assembly to fuselage

DSC_2465x1.jpg~original

DSC_2466x1.jpg~original

DSC_2467x1.jpg~original

DSC_2471x1.jpg~original

DSC_2469x1.jpg~original

I should of blu tacked the pit floor in too, it joins to each fuselage side via four tabs that could push the sides out a fraction too.

Back