• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 P-47 N Thunderbolt (Academy)

Hello!

Here is my new project. It`s the Academy kit, enhanced through the use use of some photo-etched parts from an Eduard Zoom set.

Until now the work done consisted of:

Black primer, followed by interior green, both from the Vallejo Model Air Range.

Next, the detail was painted with various Vallejo Model color acrilics, and several sessions of drybrushing and aplication of oil filters delivered this result.

My best regards from Azores!

José Pedro

hello!

Thanks a lot for your comments!

This build is going slowly...
I´m trying to make the best of this older kit, using very simple techniques.
Therefore, the leading edges of the various exhaust and air scoops were filed and sanded for a more scale appearance;

The engine was detailed with jewellery wire;

The wing to fuselage seam was tweaked and compensated with plastic card, in order to avoid a lot of sanding;

So, here are some photos:

Completely agree - I built mine a couple of months back straight from the box, so I especially appreciate the work that you're doing here.

Ian

While I am not a fan of Allied aircraft I am a big fan of well built models such as this, the cockpit detail is superb. :good:

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Matrixone

Hello All!

Here is the latest photos of this authentic saga.
Long story made short - When i started theis build i intended to use acrilic colours for this build. My choice fell on the Vallejo Model Air range of metallics. However, fragility was a real issue, and a layer of varnish was needed in order to lend some resilience to the paint.
I tried to use True Metal waxes for several effects, but did not like the results... As the primer coat was Tamiya X-1 Black, i sprayed Ajax window cleaner on the model, and ten minutes later, it was dead clean for a fresh start.

Several days after i had the dumbest idea ever: I lost my mind and shot the model with a gloss black paint from a rattle can purchased on a hardware store... what was i thinking???

Result: Several hours sanding to correct the major failure (Has you already know, the idea of acrilic was already gone by... )

Whit the plastic filled with imperfections, two choices lurked on my mind :
1 - Garbage Bin
2 - Polish the damn plane as best aspossible and shoot it again with Tamiya X-1

I chose the second one and decided to try the metallic range of MRPaint.
The result achieved was far from perfect but was the best i could achieve.
I utilised MRPaint Super Silver Metallic, Duraluminium, White Aluminium, Silver, e Dark Aluminium.

The saga goes on...

Back