• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 ALBATROSS D1 - RODEN

Brokeneagle

Master at Arms
Hello everyone, I seem to be trying to have as many models on the go as possible. I couldn't help myself after now getting into the whole wingnuts thing and wanted to build a WW1 fighter. I decided to start at the beginning with my Albatross' and a Roden was a good test build before doing one of the Wingnuts limo kits such as my Albatross D5.
IMG_0163.jpg

The kit has some nice detail in spots but overall it is a rather ruff kit. I have taken some shots of my progress so far....I have done some sanding and putty application but there is still more to go. The main pictures are a test fit without glue as I need to paint the interior (which I hate doing). I also used a spare wingnuts prop from an Albatross as well as the cylinder tops on the engine because the detail was better and the Roden one was covered in sink holes.
IMG_0155.jpg

The props were pretty close but Wingnuts won out due to its crispness and I just think it is probably more accurate.
IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg
IMG_0159.jpg

Hey Saul, the plastic is a little soft and the parts have some flash in anoying spots. Like a typical 80's kit.:hmmm

Ian.

So the Wingnut Wings (WnW) kit must then be heaven by comparison. the difference in price (here in the US) makes it more attractive to buy directly from WnW.

Regards,

Hi Ian, interesting looking kit. I had no idea that the Roden kits were this intricate. I'll keep an eye on this build.

Cheers, Christian B)

Re: 1/32 ALBATROSS D1 - RODEN

whenever you build something i know it will end up spectacular ian! well, it is already spectacular looking :mpup

Looking good. These are very nice kits, just a bit older technology. A person can still make an awesome model with them though. I want to do an Albatross or Pfalz at some point. The colourschemes are breathtaking.
(y) (y)
James

Great start!! I just love Bi-planes.

Terry B)

I was hoping u might be able to tell me! I have to check one of my Wingnuts kits instructions to see if they have any tips.mp

Thanks everyone for your posts, I am a bit stuck ay the moment as my workshop light switch has broken and I can't get any light in my workshop for painting :Hiay
:(

I learned the little I know from the folks at Swanny's WW1 SIG

http://www.swannysmodels.com/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=WW1SIG

Jeo Rubgy compiled a nice list of tutorals on the web. I ended up getting Bob's Buckels {who's a member here as well} http://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Sure you can easily make the eyelets and cut pipe, but 50 of them?? Just let Bob do it for ya! :mpup

Back