Since I do have a few models near the painting stage, I have been asking some friends and then got this book. Artur Wałachowski is a new name to me as I don't know him as an author or modeler but the cover image of the FT-17 caught my eye. This book is by Stratus, an imprint of Mushroom Model Publications (MMP), so i know the standard of printing and color reproduction are high. It is aa 104 page perfect bound book, full color throughout, with cardboard covers.
The table of contents has ten projects painted:
- 1/16th Scale Renault FT-17 by Takom
- 1/48th Scale Bedford MWD by Airfix
- 1/35th Scale Scammell Pioneer by IBG Models
- 1/35th Scale M32B1 by Tasca (Asuka now)
- 1/48th Scale Supacat Coyote by Airfix
- 1/35th Scale Lancio 3Ro by IBG Models
- 1/16th Scale Pz.Kpfw. II L Luchs by Classy Hobby
- 1/100th Scale Sd.Kfz.251 by Zvezda
- 1/72nd Scale V3000s/V3000 SMM by IBG Models
- 1/72nd Scale MSTA-S by Zvezda
The author does use a variety of brands and, thankfully, product placement is at a minimum.
It was interesting to see the adjustments made thanks to the differences in scale since his subjects ranged from 1/100th to 1/16th scales.
I am happily still reading it as I do like some of the effects but not others. This is a personal thing and other modelers may prefer the artistic approach which is more aesthetically pleasing.