• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Recent content by Rhino

  1. Rhino

    1/350 USCG SPC-HWX 52-Foot Motor Lifeboat kit #126

    I thought the 1/350 scale USCG HWX-SPC 52 deserved some love today. The kit stern railing isn't as much fuss as one might think. The smallest copper rod I have for the forward radio whip is .008" 2.8 scale inches in diameter. Whaddyagonna do? Instructions progress. I kinda painted myself...
  2. Rhino

    2026 IPMS/Canada Scale Model Expo, Regina, Saskatchewan 26 September 2026

    The count was 28 modelers and 193 entries. One enthusiast from Saskatoon entered 40 builds!
  3. Rhino

    2026 Plastic Surgeons Meetings and Other Model Fun!

    A stop at my favorite LHS in Ames, on the way to Ty and Timmy's wedding yielded a start on acrylic paint restocking for The Muscle. His 911 kit arrived recently. Porsche. Accept no substitute. The Ty and Jaelyn/Timmy Stevens wedding in Dayton, IA was a fine time! Plastic Surgeon Club...
  4. Rhino

    2026 IPMS/Canada Scale Model Expo, Regina, Saskatchewan 26 September 2026

    I am told my friend was "out-Voodoo-ed by this 1/48 scale NMF F-101. This was Chris' first show ever. He's been building kits for the last 6 years and enjoys the hobby very much. He doesn't stress about awards and learned a lot form the other modelers at the Expo. 'The local club members...
  5. Rhino

    2026 IPMS/Canada Scale Model Expo, Regina, Saskatchewan 26 September 2026

    I asked what sort of Madman brings the Battle of Trafalgar in 1/700 scale to an Expo? "He is new to the model group. Does a lot of ships like this. (these look like 3d printed gaming pieces to my eye. ccr) Did a full Juno beach landing flotilla. He is French and very hard to understand...
  6. Rhino

    2026 IPMS/Canada Scale Model Expo, Regina, Saskatchewan 26 September 2026

    MODELS! I wish to stress that I did NOT in fact visit Regina, (Ree-GY-na) SK for this show. There IS some commentary I have been given permission to quote! I did monkey with all the pictures for posting here. I've seen these 2 1/35 scale dio's posted elsewhere on...
  7. Rhino

    2026 IPMS/Canada Scale Model Expo, Regina, Saskatchewan 26 September 2026

    https://www.reginascalemodellers.org/ I have christened my friend, Chris as "The Voodoo Doctor" given his recent fondness for the One-Oh-Wonder. He calls me "Argonaut" which seems fitting, yes? These are his entries, quite early in the day. This fellow is one of the most prolific builders...
  8. Rhino

    1/700 Aircraft. I'm stuck in "Teeny" Gear! Zorn!

    Used the last photo on the box end tabs, even though I like it the best as well. It is SO small, the suggestion of Albertross should be effective enough. The 3rd picture got the box top, since the focus and composition were the way I wanted it to look. Clippers and PBM's together. I seek no...
  9. Rhino

    1/700 Motor Vessel Steyning (sort of!)

    It appears I went to all that net cutter time and effort for naught. I will leave this one, but next time I will certainly consult a learned Man! I would have put it on the 7c, but I won't include the irritating p/e bits in every kit. I'ma thinking the 9c might get posed in a 1942 Caribbean...
  10. Rhino

    2026 IPMS/Canada Scale Model Expo, Regina, Saskatchewan 26 September 2026

    I have a special treat for my Modeler's Alliance brethren! My "source" in Canada has taken the time and trouble to send me pictures! Some commentary as well!
  11. Rhino

    Maiden Flight Of The RCAF's First CF-35A

    Is 4 Wing at Cold Lake then?
  12. Rhino

    1/700 Aircraft. I'm stuck in "Teeny" Gear! Zorn!

    Kit 226, 1/700 Flying Boats box artwork. A couple of these are decent pictures. Depth of field failed me in a couple photos. Your thoughts. Gentlemen? Oh, and you other guys too!
  13. Rhino

    1/700 Motor Vessel Steyning (sort of!)

    See here several different angles for Kit 726 box artwork. In the film, Bantu Wind was anchored as U-26 spirited away the Ark of the Covenant. on the final base, she will be again. A couple of these closely follow the scene from Raiders, others make a better job of displaying kit contents. I...
  14. Rhino

    Maiden Flight Of The RCAF's First CF-35A

    Given the disagreements between Ottawa and DC, I wonder if the F-35's might be delivered to Alberta and Saskatchewan, if they deliver at all. I have a "Cardinal in the Kremlin" in The Great White North. We keep the backchannels open to stave off disaster.
  15. Rhino

    2026 Plastic Surgeons Meetings and Other Model Fun!

    The next "Re-stock Russell" article arrives today from eBay vendor Crazy Dave's Man Cave. The only time you see more cheerful packaging is under a Christmas tree! Dave's packing tape is hilarious!! The 1/24 scale "Macaroni Machine" came scrupulously packed with super-secret bonus goodies! The...
Back
Top