• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnut Wings Moon Pup

Bob's Buckles. en-route as we speak. Is it worth it, I don't know yet. Everyone who gets them brags. I can only imagine how nuts I would be twisting up 80 eyelets and cutting 80 pieces of .5mm tube 1.5mm long...and how many would have been flung across the garage via tweezer launch.

I wasnt bragging much, more like goading. They're insane and I wanted to drag a friend down to the depths with me. At least I wont be lonely when I get my padded room now :evil:
James

Not sure yet. I have some copper wire I got from the scrap bin, .22 mm. maybe 40 feet! That's if I want to be hard headed, I also have some "no see'm" fishing line that may work better.

Progress! Sweet Progress!

I like the engineering on this kit. I can also see where some hyper detailing can easily be done. I am fighting the voices but one is really talking to me. Regarding the throttle. I find it sadly lacking any detail. I've also started working on the fuel line bubble thingy that is mounted on the sidewall rib. just a piece of brass and trying to figure out what could work as the globe on top.

Also attempted to make one turnbuckle and eyelet. While the pipe is not a problem, that eyelet is another story...Bob, I hope your stuff shows up soon!! ;D

I got some test shots of the wood grain, going to let the oils dry before handling them.

Pics. , pics. , pics. , I want pics. ................ ya know photobucket has a free pic. hosting site , ...... :blush:

Just because I'm sooooo helpfull these might look good in the new turnbuckles your getting. :evil:

1/4BSF

1/32BSF

No need to thank me MP, and dont make those faces either :laugh:

James

Funny thing happened this morning, we got up and going an hour early...still not sure why but I took the time to go and take some pictures.

This is a test shot of the prop. Not going to use this one, I like the paddle wheel looking one better.
proptest2_4_20101122_2070712607.jpg

Thoughts?

Just could not get a good shot of the IP. Either too bright or to dark. Tried running it through the Gimp to enhance the colors some and these two images are the results.

ip2_3_20101122_2062441510.jpg

ip1_2_20101122_1141480781.jpg

And the cockpit as it sits right now.
cockpit4_1_20101122_2081383454.jpg

Still got control rigging to do, as you can see I started with the bracing wires with .5mm tube just suggesting turnbuckles. Lots more to touch up on the wood grain effect and fittings. That Throttle has got to go!

Hi Bob,
Go to this website for ideas on Prop colouring - British style :) HERE

I would think the wee buckles will hit the door mat very soon.

Good work thus far.
Cheers,
Bob

Bob when I did my prop for the DR-1 I painted the prop wood then a streak of I think it was German yellow. Then when dry I put a dab of burnt sienna on and with a wide brush pulled it over the prop until it was basically a filter to get this

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

And this

DSC00964.jpg

Sorry old pics so you'll have to wait till you get home

Hope that may help

James

Thanks guys. James, that's pretty much what I did except I used raw sienna and a pink. Difference is, yours looks like wood.. mine doesn't.

Bob, thanks for the link, we'll check it out.

What happens when you run your thumb over the prop? :D Keep going, we're all behind you!

Hi Bob,
Go to this website for ideas on Prop colouring - British style :) HERE

I would think the wee buckles will hit the door mat very soon.

Good work thus far.
Cheers,
Bob

Bob, I really like the look of that brass plated prop. wonder if anyone would have a conniption if I used that on my Moon Pup? I mean, would it be totally unplausable that this perticular aircraft NEVER had a prop that looked like this?
2147a.jpg

there's a prop that looks like it's aluminum that is listed for a Snipe. It's not like I want to put a Hamilton Standard prop on it.. :D

They may be. I don't know much of the era, that's why I'm a axin'. Truth of the matter, I can do metal better than woodgrain. :mpup

Hi Bob,
The prop in your thread (SE5a) does not have brass covered tips. What you see before you is doped fabric. Looks like PC10 doped fabric.
2147a.jpg

You can certainly use a doped fabric tipped prop on the Pup. Use medium sea gray for dope.

Bingo!
Bob Von Buckles (y)

Back