• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Whats your handle?

chukw wrote:
Some faster Chuck W got to AOL before me, so I became chukw@aol-dawtcawm. That b@st@rd!

Chuck,
Couldn't you just draw him out of the picture? :hmmm
Now wouldn't that have made you much happier :D
Shawn

In my first online gaming session of Battlefield 1942 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_1942 ), one of my supposed "teammates" ran over me with a Tiger tank. :eek:hmy:

All I could hear via the audio in-game chat was my teammates giggling... "Ohhh look, all that's left of John are the tank tracks.... giggles".... :laugh:

So that's how it started, with a slight change for "effect" - Tanktrax

tanktrax wrote:
In my first online gaming session of Battlefield 1942 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_1942 ), one of my supposed "teammates" ran over me with a Tiger tank. :eek:hmy:

All I could hear via the audio in-game chat was my teammates giggling... "Ohhh look, all that's left of John are the tank tracks.... giggles".... :laugh:

:unsure: Well Geez John ! You should not have been anywhere near me in a tiger :pp , you know my reputation in creating Road Kill :blush:

Jenny :kiss:

well mine is just the first letters of first, middle and last name .... boring I know , but easy to remember :)

jenny croft wrote:
tanktrax wrote:

:unsure: Well Geez John ! You should not have been anywhere near me in a tiger :pp , you know my reputation in creating Road Kill :blush:

All I have to say is "Woman Drivers"
I know off the to Naughty Corner, but I couldn't help myself...
Shawn

Mine is just a shortened version of Kapitänleutnant. After watching Das Boot numerous times, I decided I liked the sound of Kaleu. I thought that using my in game nickname "A venomous duck" would be on the silly side..haha Well, it used to be Anklebiter, but it was time for a change after having that nickname for several years.

kaleu wrote:
Mine is just a shortened version of Kapitänleutnant. After watching Das Boot numerous times, I decided I liked the sound of Kaleu. I thought that using my in game nickname "A venomous duck" would be on the silly side..haha Well, it used to be Anklebiter, but it was time for a change after having that nickname for several years.

Well Erik "Venomous duck" does not roll off the tongue so how about we call you Dangerdaff :)

General Zod wrote:
I am named after the greatest super villain of all time. I wonder why Superman never posts on any model sites :evil:

Of course not, then you'd know his secret identity.

Moon Puppy, long story short, I'm not the real Moon Puppy, the Real Moon Puppy lost his battle with diabetes about 14 years ago. I used the name back in the early days of internetin' and it stuck. Here's to you Roger Feaster, setup another round of flamin' turkeys and deal me in. :drink :ro: :peace

Back in 1987, when I joined the army I was trained as a Dragon gunner (the wire guided AT missile), after training I was stationed in Seedorf (Germany). As part of the NATO force over there we could buy tabaco, liquor etc. tax-free, and I smoked Davidoff cigarettes, so my friends in the army gave me the nickname Dragunov :laugh:

Erik

Mines andyfettes cos my Mum and Dad called me erm,,.... erm....

Anyway I do go under the name of "wightlion" on other sites "wight" being the Isle of Wight on the South Coast of England ( where PLUTO pumped the oil from on DDay and thereafter)I lived there for about 10years and my daughter lives there still and "Lion" is the nickname of my Football team.

Now he comes the sad part I was once accused of being a rascist by some ignoramus who thought my name was part of some kind of supremist group :(
So now I go by my name,.. its easier,..

I cut my own fire wood and split it with a BFH every fall or whenever I get an opportunity throughout the year. Was going to get a camera this year but my old saw coughed up a hairball and needed a new one. I also work with wood a lot at my job. :)

This is Cheyenne ............... 120 lb. Yellow Lab

DSCN1528.jpg

shawngehling wrote:
jenny croft wrote:
tanktrax wrote:

All I have to say is "Woman Drivers"
I know off the to Naughty Corner, but I couldn't help myself...
Shawn

Careful there Shawn.

In the IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) many really beautiful women are Merkava IV tank instructors. You think a women in a SUV can demand the right of way. You should see them maneuvering those 60 ton Merkavas! Those female tank instructors *REALLY* know their stuff.

Cheers from Peter

Hi there.

Guess what I build most of? Come on guys take a wild guess? ;<) VBG LOL

I like tanks. I think that those who crew tanks in combat have to be amongst the bravest of soldiers. There they sit in a 60-ton target and they are surrounded by fuel and about highly explosive ammo.

I am very interested in the development of the tank from Wee Willie to the present.

Tankbuilder just seems to fit me as it's what I do.

Cheers from Peter

errrrrrrrr, I'm English and live in Iowa but Iowaeng dosn't work and my wife normally refers to me as 'The Brit'.... so Iowabrit it is....though I was playing Battlrfield 2 on line a couple of years ago and one of the Americans on the team asked me where I lived.....it all went a bit quiet for few minutes as everyone waited to see what I'd say. I told him I lived in Alabama :laugh: :laugh:

Back