• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Whats your handle?

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
So where did your "handle" come from?

Mine was easy for me, it is two fold. I love Sherman tanks and since I'm a Sherman County Deputy with the badge number 18. So it was easy to think of - thats it. So whats your story?

Mine is also two fold. When I was in the Marines, I was a gunner in helos. They gave me the callsign "Viper". Then when I entered the NG, I joined the MP's. [later I went back to helos]

:D Could I have a chock a lit ? :D .

Mine is not so simple.

My dad's last name was Cooper.

And my Mom called me Gary.

So now I am Gary Cooper :p

But you will have to ask Jenny about the lumberjackpyrogreeneyebrowgoathearder thingymajiggy :S .

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:
:D Could I have a chock a lit ? :D .

Mine is not so simple.

My dad's last name was Cooper.

And my Mom called me Gary.

So now I am Gary Cooper :p

But you will have to ask Jenny about the lumberjackpyrogreeneyebrowgoathearder thingymajiggy :S .

Gary B)

Well that is because we think it suits ya :hmmm

Jenny :kiss:

Hmmm well I'm James Knaus so jknaus seemed like a good choice. At some other sites I'm Hagar and I got that because when I was in the Airforce and younger I went to a party and next morning my crew gave me the name Hagar the Horrible. Of course some around here refer to me as a Badger, but if I show you why I'll have to go to my special corner again. :laugh:

James

jknaus wrote:
Hmmm well I'm James Knaus so jknaus seemed like a good choice. At some other sites I'm Hagar and I got that because when I was in the Airforce and younger I went to a party and next morning my crew gave me the name Hagar the Horrible. Of course some around here refer to me as a Badger, but if I show you why I'll have to go to my special corner again. :laugh:

James

Well it was either Santa Santa .... :unsure: Hmmmmm :hmmm Knaus .....Klaus ....... there is a similarity :hmmm

Jenny :kiss:

Well, mine is easy. I When I was a kid we had a Leopard 1 tank parked in our back yard during maneuvers and I really like the Leopard 2.

Joe

Well,
I ve owned old cars since I was 18 (1st was a 1941 Ford) I've had a 49 merc, 50 merc, 1953 Buick and just sold my 53 Chevy. So it has been 53Chevy for awhile. Well, I am looking at getting a 1950 Shoebox Ford, so the name may change! I thought about "Tattoo" but Iam 6 foot,so...no. LOL, Ryan B)

Well my name is Terry and a really great friend calls me MrT. So there you have it.

Terry B)

Iron Mike came from my auto modeling days, since I especially fancied old iron. That, and the fact we rocked Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" at near full blast when the folks weren't home! :side: :ro: PS, that's my wife's son I use for an avatar, Sgt.Pepper!

I have been an Oakland Raider football fan since 1972,and my house # 2779 so I just thru them together.

My Grandfathers Regiment was the 3rd Carabiniers (a now disbanded armoured regiment)and i thought it was a little more appropriate than Engineer (Royal Engineers) for an armoured nuts :gogo site :idonno

I am named after the greatest super villain of all time. I wonder why Superman never posts on any model sites :evil:

jenny croft wrote:
Ewwwww , that is horrid

Fine! :evil:

I started as an aircraft modeler. I went to Aviation High School, got my licenses (A&P plus Avionics), built aircraft models for commissions and then decided to keep a few for myself. Living in a New York City apartment (the size of a closet compared to normal home) I had to choose a collection that interested me and was (I thought) limited.

So I settled on aircraft (and now armor) with faces such as mouths. Most aircraft with mouths are shark mouths, hence the nick name.

So there! I promise I won't bite..........................................................hard.
:pp

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
Mine is because I have bitten every woman I've met until she bled...

Saul,
They have anger management classes for that kind of stuff... :lol:
Shawn

Well mine is my first and last name... DUH.
My avatar is a little cartoon I found and modified with a modelers patch.
I spent a few weeks (3.5 years) in the Kitty Litter Box (Middle East)
Not counting deployments there in my 24 years in the Navy. Like most of
places they sent me (duty stations). I was usually stationed out of (Fill
in the blank) and everyone that knew me understood why they said I was
"stationed out of there" Because I was always gone.
My wife tell everyone that the Navy didn't send me away, she just got
tired of me being around the called the detailer and said it was time
for me to go somewhere else (even if the family didn't go with me).
I was stationed out of 19 places in 24 years. I had fun and the old
saying, moss never gathers on a rolling stone held pretty true.
My son, who's and Intel guy now in the Navy, told me that since I retired,
I wasn't allowed to have an avatar like this one, because I'm not High
speed, low drag anymore. He keeps telling me that I'm low speed, all
drag now...
Kids, you gotta love them.
Shawn

Back