• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vietnam - The Ch-37 Mojave has the votes

Excellent work Frank! Nice idea with the jig; that is brilliant. Far better than my idea which is to slowly and gently bend each blade till it "looks right". :blink :D

Well, I was able to get a few hours in on the Mojave this week.
I tried the boil then place on the form. It worked, but I thought there had to be a better way.
Soooo, I place the blades on the form before placing in the water. I then dipped the combined items into the boiling water, with the blade on the underside. This allowed me to us the bottom of the pot to help bend the blade. It work very well. As you can see the top blade was the first try. I redid it to make it match the others.
DSCF1608.JPG

I worked on the rotor head next.
I drilled a .020 hole in each blade attachment area, then a hole in each blade. I felt by adding a piece of .020 wire, they would hold the blades in place better and stronger.
DSCF1615.JPG

DSCF1614.JPG

DSCF1616.JPG

The blades are not glued in. you can see the slight curve in the picture.

After having a hard time keeping the cockpit in place, I decided that a floor and ceiling were needed.
DSCF1605.JPG

DSCF1607.JPG

DSCF1610.JPG

You can see were the brass scratched the floor.
That then led to the reworking of the brass rotor support.
DSCF1609.JPG

Frank

Thank you all.
I have glued the halves together.
I should be able to get some bench time this next week.
I will post more pictures at that time.
Frank

With current temperatures, I was able to get some great time at the bench.
After getting the halves together there was this void.
DSCF1482.JPG

The hole in the middle needed attention, So fill the hole. With what, you ask. The internet has many pictures!!!! :bang head :bang head, the boarding ladder.
DSCF1618.JPG

DSCF1619.JPG

Back