• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vietnam - The Ch-37 Mojave has the votes

August, has it been that long since I have updated the thread, my god :facepalm, where has the time gone.
I was able to get back to building this afternoon.
I have redone my build room, Cleaning, Wall painting, new work area and I added a exhaust fan to the paint booth.
Let's start with a couple of items I completed today.
DSCF1583.JPG

These are the upper and lower door slides. The doors are split in the middle and open both directions. The step has been added also. In the kit these parts are resin.
DSCF1572.JPG

Not my best picture, but the good resin part is on the left, the bottom part is in 6 pieces.
The resin step is broken also, so the brass came out again for the step.

Glad to see that you are getting back to work on this model. The framework you made for the sliding doors looks really good.

Cheers,
James

Rainy and cold here yesterday, that means I could get some bench time.
DSCF1596.JPG

Fuel pump, fuel line, support cables.
Side view.
DSCF1597.JPG

Headed to breakfast with some buddies from our old 1/194 Air Cav days.
Thanks for looking.
Frank B)

Rainy and cold here yesterday, that means I could get some bench time.
DSCF1596.JPG

Fuel pump, fuel line, support cables.
Side view.
DSCF1597.JPG

Headed to breakfast with some buddies from our old 1/194 Air Cav days.
Thanks for looking.
Frank B)
Hot DANG that is nice :popcorn

Thank you, everyone.
Worked on the kit today.
Will upload more pictures tomorrow.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Frank

I was able to get some bench time this morning.
I made a template for the bending of the blade.
DSCF1604.JPG

The brass tube, in the background, will be for the removable main rotor for transport
DSCF1602.JPG

I will stick the bottom half of the blades in boiling water, then place them on the form and cool with cold water. That will make the bend set for good. All the blade will then have the same bend.

Frank

Sierra Hotel, Frank!!
Attention to detail and thoroughness have always been the hallmark of your builds!
(You Egg-beater People still ain't quite right.)
:rotf
:notworthy
(y)
:salute

Back