• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USS West Virginia 1-700 (Finished).

USS West Virginia 1-700.

Talk about a speed build ... but then I guess you've done these before ... :rotf ... I almost missed it ... Mine wouldn't be that quick ... But then I didn't see a time limit ... either ... waiting on the Big Finish ... :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Nah... wutteva gave you that idea? He aint done one before :idonno

Don't know what you two are talking about but thanks for the comments..... :yipee :yipee :yipee ...Cheers Mark

USS West Virginia 1-700.

Talk about a speed build ... but then I guess you've done these before ... :rotf ... I almost missed it ... Mine wouldn't be that quick ... But then I didn't see a time limit ... either ... waiting on the Big Finish ... :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Nah... wutteva gave you that idea? He aint done one before :idonno

Don't know what you two are talking about but thanks for the comments..... :yipee :yipee :yipee ...Cheers Mark

Just keep on keepin' on with the voodoo that you do Mark! :drinks :drinks

The Big Girl is now done and dusted. Here are some Pics of her and also with my 1-700 Arizona built a few Years ago....Cheers Mark

Very nice. Those look awesome together. Okay silly question time from a non nautical guy, Why are the towers white? Wouldnt that have made her stand out?
James

Very nice. Those look awesome together. Okay silly question time from a non nautical guy, Why are the towers white? Wouldnt that have made her stand out?
James

:hmmm I neva thot to ask this!!! Good question James... :drinks

I'm guessing this was one of the very early configurations for her because of the lattice style mast. Really nice build. (y)

Well that's why I was thinking Mark still had a bit to go ... because of the white towers ... but if that's it then ... there you go nice Job Mark ... :captain :salute (y) :ro: :dude

Thanks for the comments Gents much appreciated. The Tops of the Lattice Masts were painted White as that was part of the Camouflage Pattern for the period just up to Dec 07. After that Date the USN started looking at different Schemes.....Cheers mark

Thanks for the comments Gents much appreciated. The Tops of the Lattice Masts were painted White as that was part of the Camouflage Pattern for the period just up to Dec 07. After that Date the USN started looking at different Schemes.....Cheers mark

Ok ... then Research is the best medicine ... excellent work on your part Mark ... :salute

You know, I was going to joke about the mast being painted Cloud Camo but dang...guess at a distance it would work.

Thanks Mark. I was thinking that but, wasn't sure. I know Arizona's masts were a light gray & your Wee Vee's are white.

Thats really interesting. I really like looking at camouflage and trying to figure out the why's of various schemes. I'm still not sure as to the purpose of white but maybe MP has something with the clouds. Very very cool stuff (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
James

The USN started dabbling in different Camo Schemes just after Pearl Harbour. The Navy Blue Scheme seen on Ships in the Pacific was designed to be effective against Aircraft while the Scheme worn by Missouri during Atlantic workups was designed for non detection by U-Boats. This WEbsite proved invaluable and is the best for any in for on us Camo Schemes........www.shipcamouflage.com...Cheers Mark

The USN started dabbling in different Camo Schemes just after Pearl Harbour. The Navy Blue Scheme seen on Ships in the Pacific was designed to be effective against Aircraft while the Scheme worn by Missouri during Atlantic workups was designed for non detection by U-Boats. This WEbsite proved invaluable and is the best for any in for on us Camo Schemes........www.shipcamouflage.com...Cheers Mark

Thanks fer that tidbit Mark. I knew there was a different paint scheme for the atlantic& yeah, that's a good site :good:

Back