• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U.S. Army CCKW

It's looking really swell! Did you gloss coat where the decals were going to be placed? That seems to work for me. (y)

It's looking really swell! Did you gloss coat where the decals were going to be placed? That seems to work for me. (y)

Nope...sure didn't. Really in the past with armor stuff I hadn't had a problem with it. I'll likely slap some more decal solution over it but again, I'm calling this done.

splendid result bob!

as for the silvering decals, you can get rid of the silvering with a solution of water, white glue and dull coat! make a 10:1:1 mix of the ingredients and brush that over the decal, watch it that the decal stays in place while doing so and after drying the silvering will be gone! voodoo!
voodoo.gif

Glad you liked them Chuck, they didn't pass the Cindy test, she couldn't tell what they were but I like them, scattered and smothered for me. :mpup

It's Completion Weekend here in Meltsville. Temps are reaching over 100f, no that's not boiling water temp but it sure feels like it.

Over the last couple of weeks I have picked up the ol' Deuce and a half and slopped some pigments and washes over it. I think I'm getting the hang of the technique but it seems to have washed out in these pictures.
DSCF0075%7E0.jpg

scrubbin' the wash down some.

Staging these pictures I have used several elements of various projects. This will not be the finial display of the Deuce and a Half, doubt it will be on any base. Just gave it some variety.
DSCF0076%7E0.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0078%7E0.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

Thanks for viewing and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I'm glad I got another Tamiya Deuce and a Half in the stash...

Back