• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U.S. Army CCKW

She does look good! Even better when you see how tiny she is, you need to post a picture of the pup beside something to get a feel for the scale. Nice work!! (y)

I drug my butt to the garage this afternoon and got some paint sprayed. Amazing how nicely things work when they are fresh. Fresh paint, Fresh Mr. Surfacer, Fresh CA. Need to restock more often. Pictures later, if they are worthy.

DSCF0005%7E0.jpg

Basic Flat Black on top of Mr. Surfacer

DSCF0006%7E0.jpg

and this is the effect I was after, though not much of an effect. I think I lost focus of what I actually was doing here...I'm breaking out the OD tomorrow. Should be good for shades now.

That's just it, that was a light misting of raw sienna, just playing around thinking it would be OD but it's not. I"ll go with green.

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0059a.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

I think I had a productive day.

Just a black oil wash over most everything. I added more color to the floor of the bed and the cab, didn't get a good shot of it, also tried out the Migs faded OD pigments, plum forgot to get a shot of the area I applied it to...

Thanks Mike for the bushel of taters. Just did several layers of oils till I got the colors I wanted.

Tail pipe was gloss black then Alclad steel, duralumim and then the black smoke alclad in selected places. Then use acrylic fixer mixed with real rust and some of the cheap pigments I still have. I kinda like it..

Various shades of OD and once I get all the decals on I'll start doing the filters and mudd it up some.

I forgot to add the mud flaps. Y'all tell me, how feasible would it had been for the flaps to be totally gone?

Wow, thats one sweet looking truck you got yourself there. When are we going to take it on a spin?

Good job.

Joe

Well i'm not rated for that one...notice the steering wheel is not there yet. I'm still debating if the driver is going to be there or not.

Thanks Joe!

Thank y'all. I tell ya, I got to get my stuff organized. After applying the kit decals I found some Archer dry transfers in the drawer. Hmm. save them for the Hard top conversion.

I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA! :D Those spuds look great, glad they are going to work out for you!! Excellent work, as usual!! (y)

I"m calling it done!
Keep in mind I intended to build this strictly OOB, sort of a familiarization build so I'll know how this build goes together so I'll be able to do that CMK Hardtop Conversion build better.

DSCF0078.jpg

Lots of resin dust all over the place, I need to blow it out.

DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

Tamiya decals sucks, this silvering is after like 5 dousing of Champs decal solutions. Dry transfers are in hand for the conversion.

DSCF0083.jpg

I did do one of the OOB schemes from the Redball Express.

DSCF0084.jpg

As such, I attempted, and hope I came close, to painting the driver as a African American. I surely hope he does not look like a vaudeville blackface. I should have tested alignment of the guys' arm better where he's resting on the wheel.

DSCF0088.jpg

And this is Shotgun... :mpup

I only did a black oil wash, I got lots of stowage to add and will likely do it later. But for the More than Four GB, This Deuce and a Half is done.

Back