• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U. N. Management - Wolf in sheep's clothing - Done

Under New Management - Wolf in sheep's clothing

Hey Phil, you ever try to make your own decals? I did it on the Mustang and a couple others over the years.

Thanks Ernie, it says on the ''about the decals'' page

Please note we no longer offer a custom decal service.

http://mikegrantdecals.com/shop/about-the-decals/

:(

Ahh, sorry that did not work out :(
Ernie

Just an OOB pit, no IP decal provided
DSC_0738x1.jpg~original

closed up, wings, fus and tailplanes on, cannon plugs added and MG ports filled, one left for pitot tube.
DSC_0739x1.jpg~original

Prop spins real well!
DSC_0745x1.jpg~original

Sure couldn't tell no decal, IP looks fantastic Phil, nice prop spin also :pilot

Thanks Bob, you taught me well - selective photography............ :D

Model Master RLM 04 done, will let this fully cure before masking over it.

DSC0843y.jpg~original

DSC0844y.jpg~original

DSC0846y.jpg~original

DSC0847y.jpg~original

Got all the paint done, pit door and gear legs just blu tac'ed on for the moment, added a set of Pe belts tonight, lucky I had another Spitfire seat for a pre bending template! so that worked out well.

More later.

DSC_0905P.jpg~original

DSC_0907P.jpg~original

DSC_0908P.jpg~original

DSC_0909P.jpg~original

DSC_0910P.jpg~original

DSC_0913P.jpg~original

DSC_0914P1.jpg~original

DSC_0915P.jpg~original

Ok all you Model Alliancers I'm after some German letters,

solid black German Luftwaffe style

C J Z Y

Two (2) of each letter

H 13mm x W 9mm

and

C J Z Y

H 9 mm x W 7mm

a mil or two over would be ok, close enough is good enough.

Will pay postage if required.

4801c800.jpg~original

Apologies for the late response. I should try to look at build that don't have a chance of a sharkmouth once in a while. I'll look and get back to you soon. However, I am taking my son to Puerto Rico (Caribbean Paradise) and won't return (without him) until the end of the month. Having the wife alone, I may be a bit busy upon my return, if I'm lucky!

RudolphValentino.jpg

OK, that won't happen!

Regards,

Forgot to ask you this morning Phil, did you hairspary between the NMF and the camo to get a chipped effect or you got something else in mind?

Thanks all!

The Mrs used hairspray on her hair but like me doesn't use it at all now Bob!

no, never used it for modelling, when I chip I use a small flat screwdriver with a burred edge for chips very carefully, for walk wear, a Q-tip quickly touched into the thinner lid after a quick shake to wet the lid, you don't want the Q-tip soaking wet.

Good tips Phil, I did that with the IL2 floorboard then washed it, then chipped a bit more, gave it a lot of depth, like old and new chipping.

:popcorn

Good tips Phil, I did that with the IL2 floorboard then washed it, then chipped a bit more, gave it a lot of depth, like old and new chipping.

:popcorn

Those are good tips, I definitely need more practice in that!

Looking awesome Phil! This is a very unique build and you're doing a great job of it!

:drinks thanks Bob and Warren, just do some tests on a flat plastic evergreen card, prep it like your kit with the same paint and try it out first.

Less thinner is better, try a quick dab on the paint, leave for a second or two, then dab it off rather than wiping it off, there are different ways to try so the plastic painted card helps alot to avoid a stuff up.

Back