• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Truck 'Loading Bay' Diorama WIP

Added some interior greebies inside the second docks. 

details_inside5_zpsu0eo3glh.jpg

details_inside4_zpsglkxuzcf.jpg

details_inside_zpsdualu4xj.jpg

---------------------

Painted a yellow guide line in front of the second dock:

concrete_yellow_line_zps4oc4vxkt.jpg

concrete_yellow_line2_zps0c6oyivn.jpg

concrete_yellow_line3_zpsovznh9wc.jpg

concrete_yellow_line4_zps32mxwrhp.jpg

---------------------------

Added the Caution pillar:

concrete_yellow_post_zpsistbqarz.jpg

concrete_yellow_post2_zpsq23gw3yo.jpg

docking_steps_zpsslu7dmjc.jpg

What an amazing Job! Gratulera!

The only Thing missing is an IKEA sign on top of the loading dock. ;)

Looking Forward to your Progress.

Cheers

Alex

Charles its great once again to see one of your magnificently realistic dioramas coming together again! Well done!

I Made the docking bay door out some pieces of styrene.

bay_door_parts_zpsylr17ye1.jpg

bay_door_parts_complete_zpsnag2thnp.jpg

The final bay door in place:

bay_door_parts_installed_zpsw1ipnbdn.jpg

I then painted some thin white styrene stripes blue, for the trimming at the top edge of the building.

blue_strips_zpsygrwtsmb.jpg

blue_strips2_zpsvfatrhil.jpg

The bay door 'open & close' mechanism. I used a small piece I found in my 'box of tricks' and sliced up thin round styrene rod for the buttons.

bay_door_mechanism_zpsdyj9avyj.jpg

The finished mechanism.

bay_door_mechanism2_zpspp1v1lvd.jpg

------------------------

I took some out door photos(not really good ones, as it was still early in the morning), but the results were enough to let me know it looks good in the outdoors.

outside_view3_zpspereec1u.jpg

outside_view4_zpsxdgh8prf.jpg

Absolutely fantastic detail work Charles. Amazing how you can take an everyday, banal thing like a loading bay and create a brilliant diorama out of it. (y)

I apologies for the bad pics. But when the diorama is completed, I will take better ones. These are just WIP as you can see:

The bay door 'open & close' mechanism painted and ready to mount on the inside wall:

up_and_down_bay_door_mechanism_zpsz0gwffxm.jpg

I scratch built a drainage pipe that will be mount between both, the brick and concrete bay walls:

Drainage_pipe_zps1x7rvgdw.jpg

Drainage_pipe2_zpsfjlfx8ta.jpg

I have added side roof strips to all sides of the front facing building and painted them blue:

blue_strips3_zpsbhdgjw71.jpg

I scratch built a canopy for the second docking bay. I thought it was necessary and adds interest to the rest of the scene.

bay_door_canopy_zps3pxjdofd.jpg

bay_door_canopy2_zps0hmy4kmo.jpg

bay_door_canopy3_zps86nd6buk.jpg

I used cardboard corrugated roofing which made the job easy and simple. This was later glued onto the styrene piece that was the canopy.

bay_door_canopy4_zpszhmzvuue.jpg

bay_door_canopy5_zpsec2twqu5.jpg

I used my trusty nuts and bolts for the areas that were going to be mounted to the wall. As you can also see, I made some bracing as well.:

bay_door_canopy7_zpsxpbxelna.jpg

bay_door_canopy6_zpsepwd4tfb.jpg

bay_door_canopy8_zpsnbgmmmjr.jpg

bay_door_canopy9_zpst6ujlsxx.jpg

bay_door_canopy10_zpsj1nu9pxg.jpg

The canopy mounted in place. I think it looks ok.

bay_door_canopy_mounted_zpssd2xdk7a.jpg

bay_door_canopy_mounted2_zps64pq3pke.jpg

I decided to redo the concrete tarmac. I knew the ground did not look right, and this I was told should be perpendicular to the building and not at an angle as it is now. So I am trying to see if I can rectify my mistake by hiding those grooves. We'll see if it works.

filling_the_concrete_space_zpsvhqu51cd.jpg

Back