• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Clown's a Joker! Serb T-34B

Very cool stuff Saul. Very interesting to see how different production models differed on what was supposed to be one vehicle. Nothing boring here.
:popcorn :popcorn
James

The roof was still too long, so it was cut back 2mm. I added the ventilators. The cupola and loader's hatch are simply placed. I need to add the periscopes. The roof is glued in and the commander's cupola, being the larger single hatch one, required a bulge at the turret edge to accommodate. The electric drive motor for turret rotation required its own bulge at the bottom edge of the port side. Still plugging away although I am on call for the hospital.

SerbT34B009.jpg

SerbT34B010.jpg

Regards,

While still doing boring stuff (tracks, wheels, etc) I realized that the lifting hooks on the Factory 112 turrets are unique in shape and placement, this means filling the location slots for the old one. Of course, my eyes notices that the casting seam of the turret is also higher so now I must work on getting the gun trunnions in place so that I can glue the turret hales together to elevate the seam. LOL, typical for me. I give myself more work than needed. Someone asked to cast this turret but, I didn't design it for production as those days are over for me. No more mastering. Old school is replaced by digital modeling.

Regards,

Your doing a great job. A little to tedious and specific of a build for me to do. Can't afford all the goodies, but doing the research is what keeps us young. :eek:ldguy Gary S

I have faith you can do it Saul! I know you'll nail it down. Looking forward to seeing the progress on this.

Glad to see you making progress on this one, looking forward to the next update. :ro:

Nothing really to show as I was busy with on call problems. I did fill in the slots and start the new lifting hooks.

h804e3e5.jpg

Regards,

Not dead, simply trying to find time. I worked a little more on the turret, refining the shape and adding the periscopes (note that they are now reversed, as per the images). Casting texture is being refined, loader's hatch hinge was replaced as it got damaged, and weld beads are missing. Then glue the turret halves together and primer coat.

SerbT34B_011.jpg

Even though I am only using Dragon parts, there was a huge gap at the rear so the lower hull armor hinges were removed and the gap (is now) filled. I need to glue the hinges back on. This is done by attaching them to the upper hinges so the placement is exact.

SerbT34B_012.jpg

Regards,

I guess someone was telling me it should be a wreck and look like this.

h4aad569.jpg

Oh well, it was only a model!
:rotf

Regards,

This Wicked Wittle Wookie Wannabe isn't my doggie!

h4aad569.jpg

All is fine... just slow progress as I force myself to dedicate (at least) an hour a day.

SerbT34B_013.jpg

SerbT34B_014.jpg

Regards,

Wish I could find an hour. So many things that have to be done lately. Go Saul, let's see this bad boy to the end. :soldier

Back