• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The War To End All Wars, 100th Anniversary

Honest question James...

Trying to decide which scheme I want to do on the Fokker DvII and see that a lot of them are very decal dependent....like a whole wing covering sort of dependent...how are they? Easy to use...fragile...etc?

I have a small problem and need an executive decision. I started my WWI kits (a tank, a truck and a ship) earlier because a Group Build on the IPMS USA Forums with this same subject started back then. I have no other WWI subjects in kit form to build for this and yet I did sign up for this campaign. Since almost all of the three are still only a third done or less; can I still submit them here? Please advise. If not, then I'll just follow along and watch everyone else.

No problem. All I could do was ask, all you could do was say no. That's cool. I'll still be following this closely.

I think this campaign should run until 2018, there is no way I'll be able to start a WNW kit before 2016 :woohoo:

Hello mates! How you been doing?

After a long winter I'm back to workbench, rebuild one :yipee

To make a quick build and warm up the engine, I like to subscribe this one:

Airfix - Sopwith 2F1 Camel - 1/72
AX0075.jpg

Cheers
Art

If the end date changes to 2018 I definitely have some stuff to build, and more coming in. However the dates in the header still read jan 2014 to Jan 2015.

The dates will be changed tonight. I tried last night and couldnt find it. Still sick I guess.
Date will be 11:00 11/11/2018.

What's the rush Art, you got till 2018! :rotf

Looking forward to your build buddy. (y)
Really? Or you all are kidding me? :coolio
Anyway I get it done! After who know, a Red Baron or a Wingnuts airplane will be cool... (y)

There is any significant change in dates to the others campaings?

Cheers
Art

No just this one. The war ran from 1914 to 1918 so our campaign will run from 2014 till 2018. Give people a chance to recognize and model this historical period. No extensions after the 11/11/2018 though.
James

No just this one. The war ran from 1914 to 1918 so our campaign will run from 2014 till 2018. Give people a chance to recognize and model this historical period. No extensions after the 11/11/2018 though.
James

The War ran into 1919. Don't forget about the Allies fighting Russia too in 1919 in a vain attempt to curtail the Revolution.

That 1919 fighting could make for some interesting dioramas or models.

Cheers from Peter

I think technically it lasted till the 1920s as several nations, including the US did not formerly end their involvement legally till 1921.

For our Campaign, we'll use Armistice Day as the ending. Plenty of time for you to get some models built Peter! :soldier

All you have to do is start a thread with the proper startup photo and git'er done. Voting is actually over, the poll was used to gauge interest, generally if we get over 10 votes we go with it. Votes are reset once things are settled so I can see what the new polls are doing.

Ok danged Newbie ...... I'll have to order something special for this one ....... :soldier I take it that's kit sealed in a bag with the current date ??? :pilot

An unstarted kit, if its out of the bags but still on sprues that will work. The Hannover I just started had been debagged when I took my pic.
James

Back