• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Terry's project "Tank Draggin"

Re:Terry's Project DETAILS DETAILS "UPDATE 5-11-10"

Hi Terry.

You have got a great start to an average kit, that you are making into an awsome one. That Dragon Wagon is going to look so cool when you get through with it. I can hardly wait to see the final shots.

Gary B)

Re:Terry's Project DETAILS DETAILS

G Cooper wrote:
Hi Terry.

You have got a great start to an average kit, that you are making into an awsome one. That Dragon Wagon is going to look so cool when you get through with it. I can hardly wait to see the final shots.

Gary B)

Well thanks Gary! I hope it comes out ok.

Terry B)

Re:Terry's Project "TANKS ALOT"UPDATE 5-19-10"

Well boy's and girl's it was a busy weekend! It was a rainy weekend so I had alot time on my hands so I worked on my braille project. The focus was on the tank side of things. Construction is done and most of the painting. There was alot of little bits of wire and photoetch flying around, but I think in the end another Sherman was born even if it is tiny. So if everyone is ready lets work our way through my past weekend.

Terry B)

First stop on our little trip will be painting the supension.
DSC03579.jpg

DSC03580.jpg

With the supension painted work moved to the upper hull where grab handles were added.
DSC03576.jpg

DSC03577.jpg

Next I added all the front hull hardware.
DSC03575.jpg

Next added details to the hull hatches.
DSC03578.jpg

Next stop added details to the rear hull some scatch some PE.
DSC03584.jpg

DSC03583.jpg

DSC03582.jpg

Another look at the front hull.
DSC03581.jpg

After details were added and assembly finished I painted the lower hull.
DSC03587.jpg

DSC03586.jpg

DSC03585-1.jpg

DSC03588.jpg

DSC03589.jpg

Oh I forgot I added chains to the gas caps.
DSC03600.jpg

Next came the turret.
DSC03590.jpg

DSC03591.jpg

DSC03592.jpg

Finally painted the turret and added it to the lower hull did some more painting and weathering.
DSC03593.jpg

DSC03594.jpg

DSC03597.jpg

DSC03601.jpg

DSC03598.jpg

DSC03597.jpg

DSC03595.jpg

DSC03596.jpg

It's not done, but it is close enough to be finished by the end of the month if everything else falls through. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.
B)

Re:Terry's Project "TANKS ALOT "UPDATE 5-19-10"

Thanks Laura! Still more to do.

Not bad at all! I keep reminding myself this is Braille Scale.

FYI, I recall seeing in the TMs that the handles on the engine hatches dropped in and had to be pulled out for use. They may have been welded in the 'out' position at a later date but I don't have any information on such a work order if it exists. Obviously, if placing stowage on the engine deck, they would be pulled out as convenient loops to tie down the stowage.

Regards,

Re:Terry's Project

sharkmouth wrote:
Not bad at all! I keep reminding myself this is Braille Scale.

FYI, I recall seeing in the TMs that the handles on the engine hatches dropped in and had to be pulled out for use. They may have been welded in the 'out' position at a later date but I don't have any information on such a work order if it exists. Obviously, if placing stowage on the engine deck, they would be pulled out as convenient loops to tie down the stowage.

Regards,

Thanks Saul! You know I never thought about the handels being the pull out kind. Never saw any that way. I will have to look more closely.

Terry B)

Great looking Sherman Terry, the paintjob is wasome! Hard to believe it's 1/72 scale!

Looking forward to the Dragon wagon!

Erik

Dragunov wrote:
Great looking Sherman Terry, the paintjob is wasome! Hard to believe it's 1/72 scale!

Looking forward to the Dragon wagon!

Erik

Thanks Erik! The dragon is coming. Alot more to do to it.

Terry B)

Thanks Ovidiu! I think? :huh:

Terry B)

Terry,

I am sure Ovidiu meant 'until' in lieu of what is written. This from being married to an Eastern European and having heard much worse turn out to be the wrong word spoken.

Are you using the Tamiya kit as a reference for the Dragon Wagon? It looks good and hard to believe it is an Academy kit.

Regards,

Hi Terry.

It is looking suuuuuuper sweeeeeeet. Now all you need is something to drag it with :unsure: :laugh: .

Gary B)

sharkmouth wrote:
Terry,

I am sure Ovidiu meant 'until' in lieu of what is written. This from being married to an Eastern European and having heard much worse turn out to be the wrong word spoken.

Are you using the Tamiya kit as a reference for the Dragon Wagon? It looks good and hard to believe it is an Academy kit.

Regards,

Hey Saul,

I was not offended either way. I have the Tamiya kit, but I am using TM photos to get my information. The larger kit has too much other stuff on top of it to get it out. The Academy kit is not too bad.

Terry B)

Sorry Terry, I understand you will build a Dragon Wagon for this Shermy. So I wait to see the Sherman up to trailer. Maybe I understand wrong. The tank looks great. You must excuse me man, because my english is catastrophic.

Ovidiu wrote:
Sorry Terry, I understand you will build a Dragon Wagon for this Shermy. So I wait to see the Sherman up to trailer. Maybe I understand wrong. The tank looks great. You must excuse me man, because my english is catastrophic.

Don't worry about it Ovidiu we are all friends here. We all speak a common language it's called modeling any other problems will work themselves out.

Terry B)

G Cooper wrote:
Hi Terry.

It is looking suuuuuuper sweeeeeeet. Now all you need is something to drag it with :unsure: :laugh: .

Gary B)

Thanks Gary! I'm working on it.

Terry :pinch:

Thanks John!

Terry B)

Back