• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"ACROSS THE FINISH LINE"

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"PLAYING IN THE DIRT"

Great SBS. Can hardly wait to try this. (y) (y)
James

Thanks James!! One thing about this stuff is that you can put on as much or as little as you want and if you don't like it you can remove it pretty easy. I did some streaking using the same stuff. Those will be in the next pictures.

Terry B)

James

Me too Me too!

Never thought of applying the lower color last, John did it with that rusted out drum on his dio he's working on, now you did it here..Makes sense, backwards sense but I understand how the color comes out much better.

Good Stuff!

James

Me too Me too!

Never thought of applying the lower color last, John did it with that rusted out drum on his dio he's working on, now you did it here..Makes sense, backwards sense but I understand how the color comes out much better.

Good Stuff!

Well it's much easier to control what's happening with the color. I tried it the other way with washes or pastels and it came out really bad.

Terry :unsure:

Hi, Terry.

I like the way you drybrushed the black over the flat earth,it gives it a nice dusty look!(y)

Have to remember that when someday I will do a wheeled vehicle.

Greetings,Ron

Hi, Terry.

I like the way you drybrushed the black over the flat earth,it gives it a nice dusty look!(y)

Have to remember that when someday I will do a wheeled vehicle.

Greetings,Ron

Thanks Ron!!

Terry B)

Shoot, I'm looking at going back to hit the Halftracks with this. :mpup

you sprayed it, thought it was drybrush.

Oh I thought you were talking about the tire color. No I put the dirt on with a brush. Well sprinkled it on with a brush. Sorry bad transmission. :blush:

Terry :S

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"ALMOST DONE"

Well we are just about to end of the road. I have added some more streaking, dusty areas, fuel spills and yeah muddy spots. The next update will most likely be the finished pics, but until then here are some images of last nights work.

Terry B)

DSC05110.JPG

DSC05111.JPG

DSC05112.JPG

DSC05113.JPG

DSC05114.JPG

DSC05115.JPG

DSC05116.JPG

B)

Well boys and girls the construction is done! 98% of the paintings is done. Let the weathering begin. I started by working on the wheels and then I will work my way up.

First I painted the tires with a moderate coating of Tamyia Flat Earth.

Then I go back and dry brush the tires with Tamiya Nato Black

Next comes some mud application. This is done using acrylic floor wax and pastel powder. First apply the floor wax to an area.

Then sprinkle an earth tone pastel powder onto the wet wax.

When the floor coating dries the mud will fixed in place.

I did this to all the wheels inside and out. This was done to the wheel wells and the underside of the 8-RAD.

I will continue this process with some lighter tones. Next I will do some dust areas on the upper surfaces to stay tuned. Questions and comments are always welcome.

Terry B)

Just wanted to condense Terry's Tire Treatment technique.. :D

Looks really really good, but if I may I would like to make just one helpful comment. I see there is alot of streaking, to me some of it is too uniform, almost lined up like tin soldiers, evenly spaced and all the same length. If you just made some longer and made some fainter, the effect would be more natural. Also for rust streaks, I like to add a small rusted chip spot the streak comes from, if its not from around a bolted or welded detail.

HTH and it looks great! (y)

Thanks Jon!!! I'll work it over a little bit.

Terry B)

I always call it a good day when I learn something and look at really fine modelling, thanks Terry!!!!

Randy

well thank you terry, thank you so much!

i found myself leering at the tamiya sdkfz323 (8rad) lately and no, i did not only spy out that kit, i also leered at the italeri 232 (6rad) and armorscale barrel!

thank you terry! i find myself eager to build another armoured car!

it's because of your excellent build that i feel hunger for a recon vehicle!

gnarfp!

First thanks to Randy and Erik I'm glad you like it. With every model that I complete I learn a little more and this one is no exception. There are still some minor things to tweek, but for the most part this one is finished. Here are some pictures of the finished product. I hope you guys enjoyed the project, but now it's time to move on to the next thing.

Terry B)

DSC05121.JPG

DSC05122.JPG

DSC05123.JPG

DSC05124.JPG

DSC05125.JPG

DSC05126.JPG

DSC05127.JPG

DSC05128.JPG

DSC05129.JPG

DSC05130.JPG

DSC05131.JPG

DSC05132.JPG

DSC05133.JPG

DSC05134.JPG

DSC05135.JPG

B)

well thank you terry, thank you so much!

i found myself leering at the tamiya sdkfz323 (8rad) lately and no, i did not only spy out that kit, i also leered at the italeri 232 (6rad) and armorscale barrel!

thank you terry! i find myself eager to build another armoured car!

it's because of your excellent build that i feel hunger for a recon vehicle!

gnarfp!

:blush: Thank you Laura!! I can't wait see to yours!! I'm sure it will be another fantastic build from a fantastic builder.

Terry ;)

Back