• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"ACROSS THE FINISH LINE"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
It seems that everyone has fallen off this wagon. I think it's time rev this GB up so I will get on the road with SdKfz 234/1. I guess after six legs eight wheels is the next logical step. Here is my start up pictures to get the wheels turning.

Terry B)

DSC04812.JPG

DSC04813.JPG

DSC04814.JPG

B)

Re: TERRY'S 234/1"EIGHT WHEEL DRIVE"

Cool! Just a note, that time module down on the bottom of the front page is for everyone who may like to use it for these group build kickoffs.

Terry, was that showing correctly for your time zone?

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"LETS GET SUSPENDED"

Excited to begin the 234/1 I went to work and got through the first three steps which are all suspension stuff. The detail of the kit is spectacular with a lot of very small and well molded parts.

DSC04816.JPG

DSC04817.JPG

DSC04818.JPG

The 234 has large ball joints for moving the wheels, but on the kit there are large locating pins locate the wheels. I want to turn the wheels. To do this I had to cut those off.

DSC04819.JPG

DSC04820.JPG

Next comes the the control arms and springs.

DSC04821.JPG

DSC04822.JPG

DSC04823.JPG

That's it for now. The interior is next so stay tuned. Questions and comments welcome.

Terry B)

It almost looks like you could make those wheels articulate at the ball joint. Little brass rod will go a long way... Nice start Terry, I know it's going to be another show stopper.

It almost looks like you could make those wheels articulate at the ball joint. Little brass rod will go a long way... Nice start Terry, I know it's going to be another show stopper.

Thanks MP!! The control arms are pretty solid, but I guess if you are brave you could rebuild them. Not me too much for me.

Terry B)

Not lazy, more like... "next time"

After the crab, I can't think of you as incapable or lazy. Not in the mood maybe.

Regards,

Thank you Saul! I will more than likely think of something to do this build before it's done. Wheels are turning!

Terry B)

I noticed you asked somewhere else about his so here are the links you could use to help you...

Nick Morgan photograph

Another Nick Morgan photograph

Rommelkiste site

Panzernot site with modeling information by Franscisco Javier Cabeza and Carlos Martin

Sure, no confidence in the people here... :angry:

Kidding :silly:

Regards,

A few more, to make sure that some are not duplicated in the e-mail you are getting...

James Tainton's photograph

Regards,

I did forget, click on the images to go to the sites for more illustrations.

Regards,

Thanks Saul!! I had some of the pic's, but not all. I asked the nut drivers to see if anyone would answer. I don't always get a response or get treated like an idiot.

Terry :pp

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"THEM'S DA BRAKES"

Well I thought this would be just a simple build just out of the box, but Nooooo!!! Saul had get me thinking about scratch building and just look what happened. I thought the 8-RAD needed some stopping power so I did a little research ask some people almost got into a jam, but in the end I have started adding brake lines and linkage's to the model. I got one done just three more to go. Here's the progress so far.

DSC04824.JPG

DSC04825.JPG

DSC04826.JPG

DSC04827.JPG

Until next time! Comments welcome.

Terry B)

Yeah well it was late and my eyes wouldn't focus.

Thanks MP!!

real good idea and solution for those brake wires.

Back