• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Pibber

Hmm...that'd be good too- but I actually meant something more along the lines of nose art on a bomber- on the actual armor plating...

Hmm...that'd be good too- but I actually meant something more along the lines of nose art on a bomber- on the actual armor plating...

Ah, don't think I have ever saw one personalized like that when I was building mine.

Here, google images might have some. Didn't see any glancing over them.

PBRlift.jpg

Dang, there's the shot I wanted, I knew those jets were not represented well on the kit.

Yeah...I didn't see any either-- but hell- it's my model. So I'm adding it.... ;)

First off-- the crew-- this is right after adding some wash so I've toned things down a bit since these were taken...::

Gunners:
001~58.jpg

002~53.jpg

Pilot (?)
003~58.jpg

Random dude between the assorted weapons:
004~52.jpg

And now for my weathering so far-- any advice or suggestions are welcome as the oils cure--
006~50.jpg

009~32.jpg

Haven't decided what I am doing with the base yet...
008~37.jpg

And as you can see-- the decals in the kit were really old and they silvered quite badly...
007~46.jpg

If I remember right, I had problems with the decals also, in fact, think I forgot to put them on! Nose art looks good Mike but dirty up that anchor line! (y)

Thanks Bob and Dave!

Bob...definitely in the plans...was the anchor tied with rope or cable?

Wow! Really nice Mike. hey you could put that line in some tea and stain it pretty good.

Thanks guys! This has really been a fun diversion from the norm...not only changing genres, but even eras switching from my usual WWII stuff. I am at a but of a standstill with my Ford and Jeep builds...so this was my stress relief. Guess it's time to face those two demons now ;)

And as you can see-- the decals in the kit were really old and they silvered quite badly...

Mike can you work some Future behind those decals with a brush? it works quite well for decals, I use nothing else these days.

Great work on this one too! (y)

I'll give it a try Phil but it might be too late as I have already used Micro Sol on them to settle them down...

Here is my attempt at dirtying the line up ;) Might do more later as it seems almost metallic looking...maybe it'll be fine after it dries.
001~59.jpg

And another close-up of the rear gunner...hope his aim is ok after that almost empty bottle of Lite beer next to him ;)
002~54.jpg

ran across this vid tonight,

River Patrol (Restored Color) US Navy Mekong Delta Operations 1967

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbyqS5pk9GY

Very cool Phil-- interesting snapshot of the battle from the river perspective!

I am naming this one done!
001~63.jpg

002~58.jpg

003~60.jpg

004~55.jpg

005~56.jpg

007~48.jpg

Back