• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Kubelwagen

6jEfzOc.jpg

OK, back to my build. The past couple weekends have been full of everything but bench time, so I painted details parts. The Kubelwagen was pin washed with AK Interactive's DAK Paneliner, I really liked the way it went on and the effect. I didn't take any pictures, however. :(
I added some addition gray chips with a sponge and added a flat coat so I could start wrapping it up.

h38935c1.JPG

The windshield was begging for some smutz, I have to admit, I had never done one and did a little web surfing for a solution. I finally settled on a masking tape and Dullcote method. I measured the windshield and wiper position, laying it out on paper first to see how it would go. I used my dividers to create the arc and sure enough, it looked plausible. I stuck a piece of Tamiya masking tape to an old cutting board, repeated the process and cut the arcs with a new blade. After that, it was a matter of affixing the arcs to the windhield.

h34c71ce.JPG

I mixed up some Testors Dullcote and lacquer thinner, tested the mix on a scrap of Plexiglas to see how it looked. All looked believable, so I went ahead. More photos to come in a few minutes, I just realized I hadn't edited today's photos.

Sorry for jumping ahead, but I felt I understood the class material and didn't want to lose my momentum. Stay tuned, more to come.

Thanks for stopping by.

:drinks

Well, given it appears Tamiya molded the windshield like right hand drive, it is what it is.

OK, back to my build. The past couple weekends have been full of everything but bench time, so I painted details parts. The Kubelwagen was pin washed with AK Interactive's DAK Paneliner, I really liked the way it went on and the effect. I didn't take any pictures, however. :(
I added some addition gray chips with a sponge and added a flat coat so I could start wrapping it up.

h38935c1.JPG

The windshield was begging for some smutz, I have to admit, I had never done one and did a little web surfing for a solution. I finally settled on a masking tape and Dullcote method. I measured the windshield and wiper position, laying it out on paper first to see how it would go. I used my dividers to create the arc and sure enough, it looked plausible. I stuck a piece of Tamiya masking tape to an old cutting board, repeated the process and cut the arcs with a new blade. After that, it was a matter of affixing the arcs to the windhield.

h34c71ce.JPG

I mixed up some Testors Dullcote and lacquer thinner, tested the mix on a scrap of Plexiglas to see how it looked. All looked believable, so I went ahead. More photos to come in a few minutes, I just realized I hadn't edited today's photos.

Sorry for jumping ahead, but I felt I understood the class material and didn't want to lose my momentum. Stay tuned, more to come.

Thanks for stopping by.

More pictures coming? :coolio

Thanks guys! Submitting this as complete.

hda636e5.JPG

h2f71794.JPG

hf29257f.JPG

h63cbc8b.JPG

h244ca95.JPG

hf84134a.JPG

The kit machine gun and mount was Mickey Moose, so I left it out. The accessories are miscellaneous parts from other kits and some resin bits. This has been fun, thanks for letting me play along. :D

Great finish and congrats being first across the line! Please tell me where the wicker covered glass jug comes from, I need many of them!

Thanks Doc, I enjoyed the lesson! The demijohn came from Cix Model, Andrea is a member here at MA.

https://cixmodels.com/kit-e-detail-set/cixm002-set-damigiane-e-fiaschi-per-vino/

Seems like there's a dealer here in the states too. :hmmm :idonno

Hey , pretty cool Mike (y) Umbrella In Africa ? Pretty typical of the supply system verses the actual needs :smack

Cheers, Christian B)

Back