• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

Spitfire is started, no pictures yet. Airfix ain't Tamiya I can tell you this.

James I got some stainless wire for beading, I'll try that next, if I break that I'm doing something. But going to hold this till some decals show up and some resin... :mpup

Just to tease you Bob.

D006-cover.jpg

D007-cover.jpg

Coming soon from Hussar

http://www.airconnection.on.ca/SOON.htm

James

I thought of you last evening when a P-51 went screaming out of Santa Monica Airport, right over Gold's Gym where I was awaiting my latest thrashing from our former Navy Seal boot camp instructor. No mistaking that sound! We were wondering if it might not be Tom Cruise, but apparently he's off filming MI4 somewhere. Ah, Hollywood!

I love that dual antennae set you'll be adding to this gem- a neat detail to go on with all the other neat details you've been adding.

Cheers!
chuk

Cruise has a P51??? I really hate him now.

Thanks Chuck, what makes this dual antenna bad is, obviously, Tamiya has it in store for this kit in the future but here I am having to scratch build some of it to make it work... :bang head

What decals did you get Bob? And if your sure Tamiya will come out with that version why not be ballsy and email them saying this is what your building, do they have a sprue yet for the extras? Can I have one?
Remember Fortune Favours the Bold :D
James

The Cockpit decals from Barracuda came in.

James the only parts I have to make are the extra mast, there would be one between the landing gear doors, one under the wing and two on the spin. What I have now is just the one for the spin. Mast shouldn't be too much trouble making.

I guess I should have taken a picture of the decals before cutting them up..couldn't resist getting started. These Barracuda Studio decals are thin and strong, they settle into complex locations really tight. I'm also using AlcadII Aqua Klear Gloss as an overcoat for the decals. This stuff Rocks!

P51D043.jpg

P51D044.jpg

Only had one problem with the Decal labeled "W", it's for the center pedestal panel. You should cut it into smaller pieces before placing on the part. I first attempted to put it in place whole but it folded up, just too many switches and selectors to work around. Wish I had learned the lesson on another decal, this part really deserves proper markings.

P51D045.jpg

Tamiya's cockpit is well done but these decals really bring it to life. Adds a lot of character if you ask me.

Whatcha think?

Back