• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

Some of that I've already address...guess i'm just as bad. :mpup

And to note, I did ask for this level of comments so don't think the guy is being rude.

And to note, I did ask for this level of comments so don't think the guy is being rude.

Nothing wrong with knowing your subject and certainly nothing wrong fixing mistakes. I do it too, but to break it down to production sequence is a bit much. Oh crap this sound like a thread on another site. The Mustang is looking great no matter which way the radio is turned. :laugh:

Nothing wrong with knowing your subject and certainly nothing wrong fixing mistakes. I do it too, but to break it down to production sequence is a bit much. Oh crap this sound like a thread on another site. The Mustang is looking great no matter which way the radio is turned. :laugh:

I actually caught that about the radio last night, I'm wiring it up and noted that the two larger connectors should be forward of the small one. I made note of the block number of the aircraft, gave them the S/N also, I'm sure someone has or will cross check it to make sure I was right. I asked for feed back on a P51D-20 and that's what I'm getting. it is excellent help.

I've been knocking on the door of this forum for a couple of weeks now just for this sort of feed back. I'm not going to put everything I do through this sort of scrutiny.

And for gods sakes, don't show them my BONE!! :D

i-double-dog-dare-you.jpg

:D :evil: :D

OK so I didn't "START" the Spitfire, I had to get these nagging things corrected for the -20 block i'm doing.

P51D041.jpg

A little more painting to touch up warn spots but this is the side wall.
P51D042.jpg

Now I can sleep better.

I"ve screwed up that solder 3 times now, it's just too brittle for my clumsy self. I boxed it up and put it in the WIP pile and will get back on that horse when the cockpit decals come in.

Spitfire time!

Maybe some aluminum wire would be better?? I had a pack of I think brake line wire from the car modeler world that was thin and very flexable without being too breakable. hth.
James

Back