• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman M4A3 (75)-1/35 Tamiya

thumbs.jpg

More and more I want to pull my Sherman out and start building. Must resist though and build what is on bench now. Keep the pics comming
James

Hi ! :)

Has almost finished model, it is necessary to make only three tankmen :) Well also has found on a photo pair of errors, them too I will correct :blush:

I will be glad to your councils and opinions :)

d7e70dd49e69.jpg

0fcd36679418.jpg

7e3ae9a3c0e3.jpg

9ce6a92911be.jpg

e62b8a7d1b15.jpg

e7dc9bb9cb07.jpg

f93cebf3ab27.jpg

4e17d9d68ebe.jpg

7c0184dab130.jpg

beb05ece0d42.jpg

995545408cc1.jpg

d5ad34cc80fe.jpg

Looks great, Aleksandr! I really like the contrasts of the stowage and the figure really makes the vehicle come to life! My only language is English, but this is pretty universal :notworthy (y) :ro:

Aleksandr,
Looks great, love all the Crew stuff you have stuff on the vehicle.
The figure looks good too. Nice pack of Lucky Strikes.
Can't wait to see the rest of the crew.
Keep posting pictures.
Shawn

Great Aleksandr
There is so much to look at on such a (relatively) small tank!
I like the small additions such as the extras stored in the used .50cal box and ciggy pack.
The OD shade is visually interesting for sure!
A couple of questions...
Where did you get the Lucky Strike pack?
Who makes the spent rounds?

~The rear tail-lights may need a quick touch up... The top red on the left side light is fine, but the horizontal slit below it should be transparent black, as should both on the right side light. (paint a slit inside the oval shape, and then the bottom slit)

~The commander's hatch periscope should protrude through the flip lid on the outside of the hatch when installed fully for use.

~The handles for the .50cal should be painted a wood colour too!

~Careful about the turret side stowage and what it has been affixed to?

Watch that .50cal ammo box on the front left fender ;)

~I would consider removing the spent rounds on the turret top unless specific to an action scene you have planned? It just doesn't seem to work with the relaxed nature of the driver methinks...

Sorry to nitpick, but this kid loves his M4s :blink :)
Brad

Aleksandr , very beautiful build !!!

Brad is why I won't build a Sherman , :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , the man knows his Shermies !!!

So much to look at , very visually pleasing , the Lucky Strike pack is cool , ....... to echo Brad , who makes the 50 cal. spent rounds ?

Hi Aleksandr,

Fantastic work!! I particularly noticed the weathering on the tracks. Something that I have never seen in that detail before. The whole build is terrific!

Congratulations,

Bob

BradJ wrote:
Great Aleksandr
There is so much to look at on such a (relatively) small tank!
I like the small additions such as the extras stored in the used .50cal box and ciggy pack.
The OD shade is visually interesting for sure!
A couple of questions...
Where did you get the Lucky Strike pack?
Who makes the spent rounds?

~The rear tail-lights may need a quick touch up... The top red on the left side light is fine, but the horizontal slit below it should be transparent black, as should both on the right side light. (paint a slit inside the oval shape, and then the bottom slit)

~The commander's hatch periscope should protrude through the flip lid on the outside of the hatch when installed fully for use.

~The handles for the .50cal should be painted a wood colour too!

~Careful about the turret side stowage and what it has been affixed to?

Watch that .50cal ammo box on the front left fender ;)

~I would consider removing the spent rounds on the turret top unless specific to an action scene you have planned? It just doesn't seem to work with the relaxed nature of the driver methinks...

Sorry to nitpick, but this kid loves his M4s :blink :)
Brad

Hi, Brad! Frankly speaking I did not follow the aim to build an exact copy of the sherman tank, but anyway thanks for your kind comments. I think that such details as spent rounds for example make the general view of the model more lively, hope they will look being on the right place when I place the sherman on a diorama. I am working on thу diorama and will post some pictures a bit later.

Cheyenne wrote:
Aleksandr , very beautiful build !!!

Brad is why I won't build a Sherman , :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , the man knows his Shermies !!!

So much to look at , very visually pleasing , the Lucky Strike pack is cool , ....... to echo Brad , who makes the 50 cal. spent rounds ?

Hi, Cheyenne! Thanks for your comments! The spent 50 cal. rounds are from Lion Roar.

Iron Mike, Shawn, Terry, Steven, Bob, Ovidiu, Gary thanks for comments and kind words. I am very glad that you like it. Your comments are really very important for me.

Back